• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to add nature (basic mapping)

Xenios

Senator
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to my tutorial about mapping I'll explain the basics about making a nice nature with screenshots. ^_^

First I wana let know that I used RME to do this becuase it's easier to use.

1. Grass
2. Other ground types
3. Trees & bushes
4. Flowers & plants
5. Stones & additional grounds
6. The final touch

1. Now let's start with the ground type:

maptutorialpic1gw8.png

You don't have to worry about the randomization of the grass since this will be done by the server itself.

2. I'll now make some other ground types such as water, dirt and rock (everything is bordered by the mapeditor).

maptutorialpic2ab3.png

groundtypes1uw9.png

3. Let's add some trees, bushes and other plants.

maptutorialpic3yl3.png

As you can see the bushes are closed to eachother this will make the forest thicker there're also some death trees since it's more realistic. I used the raw palette for that, because you can place it by yourself on the positions you want to have it.

4.Now I'm adding some flowers, plants and some mushrooms, this will give you a better rpg feeling.

maptutorialpic4rp4.png

You might notice that I added the flowers that are normally used in the jungle, but they can also be used in some other places.

5. I'm gonna make some stones and some additional grounds that could be used.

maptutorialpic5pg4.png

6. Adding the final touch like the grass turfs, might chaging the dislikings.

maptutorialpic6sr0.png

You see that I also added a tent, trash as an extra, so it looks more realistic.

That's was it all folks! ;)

Hope you got an idea how you can create something like this.
If you liked it you can give me rep++ :thumbup:

Kind regards,
Xenios

Last edited:
I think the tutorial is fine, BUT! does a moldy mushroom is supposed to be there (smalls are fine, bigger ones not in the sunlight, they can't grow there).
And, I think the nature should be less spread out.

Very good tutorial, i think it will help many people!

Back