• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to add new item with the same sprite?

QuickLearner

Reaction score
Hi,

at first I must say that I was looking for some tutorial how to do it but the only things I've found was 'how to create new item with new sprite' or advices like "just do it in items.xml" and this is not working at all...

So, I want to make crocodile boots to behave same like soft boots but with lesser hp, mana bonus. I did this :

XML:
<item id="3982" name="crocodile boots (faster regeneration)">
        <attribute key="description" value="Those boots have some strange magic aura." />
        <attribute key="weight" value="900" />
        <attribute key="armor" value="1" />
        <attribute key="slotType" value="feet" />
        <attribute key="duration" value="900" />
        <attribute key="decayTo" value="2238" />
        <attribute key="healthGain" value="1" />
        <attribute key="healthTicks" value="3000" />       
        <attribute key="manaGain" value="1" />
        <attribute key="manaTicks" value="3000" />       
        <attribute key="stopduration" value="1" />
        <attribute key="showduration" value="1" />
        <attribute key="showattributes" value="1" />
</item>

but this code makes that this crocodile boots are always working and after 15 minutes they are gone. No matter if they are worn or not.
So I know that I need to add this line to make it stop:

XML:
<attribute key="transformDeEquipTo" value="<worn_item_id>" />

And now I want to create the second item with exactly the same sprite as crocodile boots so I can transform this 'magic' crocodile boots into regular crocodile boots but I don`t know how.

I've added this at the end :

XML:
<item id="12661" name="crocodile boots">
        <attribute key="description" value="Those boots have some strange magic aura." />
        <attribute key="weight" value="900" />
        <attribute key="armor" value="1" />        
        <attribute key="transformEquipTo" value="3982" />
        <attribute key="slotType" value="feet" />        
        <attribute key="stopduration" value="1" />
        <attribute key="showduration" value="1" />
    </item>

But this is not working :(
Can anyone help me with this? Is this even possible to do?

Well, you kinda can do it all through items.xml though. AFAIK the only reason soft boots has 2 different types is cause one of them has the glitters over it, which is a different sprite than the unequipped one.
Since crocodile boots has just a single sprite, you might as well just use a single item, like might rings work or SSA for example.

If you still insist on creating 2 items with the same sprite, you'll have to modify the items.otb file through an ItemEditor and create a new itemID that'll use the same sprite.

Back