• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to advertise your server

lionginas

Reaction score
Hello!
I have created my own guide how to advertise private servers like OT, Wow and others.
Its just a small quate from whole article
Lets start with advertising.

If your server meet those minimal requirements we can start to talk about advertising.

First of all decide your budget. If your budget is small that means it will take a time and effort to get traffic to your server, but its not impossible!

In server it doesn't matter what kind of server (l2, world of warcraft servers, rsps, tibia, MU:ONLINE, Ragnarok or even travianZ servers or Minecraft Server!) your server destiny depends on first week MAXIMUM 2 weeks. If you fail in that week your server will become "zombie". Your server has to be perfect and "noob friendly". Your online has to be BIG( especially in lineage2, open tibia, wow servers, SRO servers or Perfect world servers!)

Here is some graph it shows how in reality your player base will change:

playersgraph.png

As you see as in your server start you already should have big amount of players. In first week you will notice how your player base grows (guild and players inviting their friends) and after that suddenly it drops (guilds, friends couldn't handle server competition or just didn't like your type of server and they leave it. You can't do anything more about this especially in servers like wow, lineage2, tibia) after that you still losing your players, not so much but still losing its because they have noticed how other ones is leaving server and they just following them like a sheep's. So remaining ones is your server base players. Its your server community and since now you build your server around them. You have to listen them, you have to fix bugs, and most important communicate with them. Now you have keep advertising and if everything is going good you should expect stable and growing player base.

Source: How to advertise game server
What do you think about it?

I think that it doesn't explain anything 😂 that's what i think it just says obvious things

Back