• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to change the server save in TFS

Reaction score
Hello, i've been now for several days trying to change the server save (1 server save per day) in the TFS but cant change. i need some1 to help me out changing it, and if he could tell me step by step so i could solve it, i really want to get my ot up and running but i cant because of the server save. please i really need help, and if it cant be done, some other way to server save the game every "X" minutes because it doesnt have the command "/save" so i cant save it that way either, please help me out!

Nowhere :)

Just use this command in game.
Btw. when topic is about server save so i'll ask too about it.

Better make often server save? Example: !save "5 or !save "60? Which will be more fast? Becouse save every 5 minutes i quess will make some often lags, but 1 save per 60 minutes can too, so i just wanna know :)

it doesnt work do i need to be a GM for that? im a custommer support...but it aint working, i use the command and it does nothing...please help me out

It makes nothing :) - only save server every 5 minutes, you wont see any effect, but server will be saved every 5 minutes if you used command with enought access.

serverSaveHour = 1 <-- Just change that in your config.lua If you want less then an hour set it to 0.2 or whatever. Should work but I'm not certain.

serverSaveHour = 1 <-- Just change that in your config.lua If you want less then an hour set it to 0.2 or whatever. Should work but I'm not certain.

It's saveHour (1pm, 3am, etc) not saveEvery. So it describes at what hour server will be saved.

Why your server save isn't working?

I just put serverSaveHour = 6 on the config.lua and my server saves daily at 06:00 AM.

Also you can use the OTADMIN protocol.

Set your serverSaveHour = 25 and use these commands on the otadmin:
# usage: otadmin < commands.txt

server localhost 7171
connect serveradminpassword

broadcast The server will save in 5 minutes. Please, logout.
sleep 60000
broadcast The server will save in 4 minutes. Please, logout.
sleep 60000
broadcast The server will save in 3 minutes. Please, logout.
sleep 60000
broadcast The server will save in 2 minutes. Please, logout.
sleep 60000
broadcast The server will save in 1 minute. Please, logout.
sleep 60000
broadcast Saving server...
sleep 10000
closeserver
sleep 10000
shutdown
disconnect
Yout need to change the serveradminpassword to the same password that is on /data/XML/admin.xml
And set a cronjob to the time in which the desired saveserver.

Don't have a way to automatic adjust the server save for time-at-time when i just open the server?

For example...
If the ot comes down, and i'm not there to use the command, but the ot restarted, so without the command the server will not save anymore? <_<
If have a way to make it automatic, that's what i want.

Cya

Back