• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[How to] create good mountains

Karel

Reaction score
Hello again,
This is going to be my second tutorial, in which I'm going to explain how to create good mountains. I'll use RME for this tutorial, but I'll try to explain some things with simone too.
Now, let's get going.
You take a field of grass, sand, snow or any other land.
In simone you press J and jump to ID 919. In RME you go to the terrain palette and than to nature. select the mountain filling in the first row.
Now draw a bit mountain filling over the ground, until you get a good shape for the mountain.
mountaintutorial1.jpg

Now, that's going to be my mountain. I made a small cave to the inside, where a stair will come.
now let's give it some borders. When you're working with RME, press the border button (in terrain palette, the button 1 row up of pz-zone tool).
In simone's you will need to do all borders by hand, (unless you modified it and you got auto-border in it).
mountaintutorial2.jpg

That's my mountain now with borders.
If you don't have auto border, this figure shows you which id goes where:
mountaintutorial3.jpg

Now we're almost done with the first floor, the thing that needs to be done now is the stair, and some small detailing.
Add some small stones (if you have a small cave like I do), and some mosses (or however they are called).
Code:
IDS: Small stones: 3610-3614 and 3648-3652
     Mosses:4580-4594
     Archway: 914-915
And the result is:
mountaintutorial4.jpg

Now press the '+' button to go 1 floor up.
Here are multiple ways to continue on your mountain (this depends on the land it's placed on). This are the 3 most-used ways:
mountaintutorial5.jpg

Note! The yellow square is from the stair I placed inside the cave. Now, there are also multiple ways to detail your mountain:
mountaintutorial6.jpg

For the grass:
grass tufts 6216-6219
trees: 2700-2708
Flowers: 2740-2743 + 5156-4158
bushes: 2767-2768 + 2785
brach: 2770

For the rock soil:
dead tree: 2715-2716
small stones: 3610-3614 + 3648-3652
mosses: 4580-4594
big stone: 1286-1289

For the desert:
cactus: 2723-2736
grass tufts: 6216-6219

For the borders of the mountain on everything above normal level:
mountaintutorial7.jpg

This is the tutorial so far, I might create one for snowy mountains later. I hoped this helped you out.

Sincerly~
Karel

Last edited:
Lol this should improve noobs mapping 10 fold. im sick of seeing noob mappers with mountains made like ass. I have a reflex. crap mapping = alt + f4

Good that you gave the id's most people don't know them lol..
Edit: See you updated :) Nice work:D

Last edited:
Back