• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to know source version?

marek12

Available for sprite works
Solutions
Reaction score
Helle guys.
I am having hard time with some edits on my OT recently because
I have precompiled TFS (means that I don't have sources for that), so now I have massive problems with editing anything that include source edit.
The TFS I am using is amazing, launches in like 1/2 secs, got cast system and guild war system so I want to keep it but there are few things I need to change, such as opening custom channel on login.

So my question is:
Is there any way of knowing which sources master my TFS is using? or do you guys have any sources that matches (or are similar to mine) quick launch,cast system and guild system?

Basically I want to be able to edit sources in my current TFS but I cannot recompile/edit it as I don;t have sources for it.

Helle guys.
I am having hard time with some edits on my OT recently because
I have precompiled TFS (means that I don't have sources for that), so now I have massive problems with editing anything that include source edit.
The TFS I am using is amazing, launches in like 1/2 secs, got cast system and guild war system so I want to keep it but there are few things I need to change, such as opening custom channel on login.

So my question is:
Is there any way of knowing which sources master my TFS is using? or do you guys have any sources that matches (or are similar to mine) quick launch,cast system and guild system?

Basically I want to be able to edit sources in my current TFS but I cannot recompile/edit it as I don;t have sources for it.
From where you got server?

When you launch the server you should see its version and when it was compiled.
View attachment 46061
it does not say master version. it only says tfs version and not source version ( example: master 3777)
Post automatically merged:

Then for what you need version? :D
If jsut for scritps just download for 1.x or 0.3-0.4 and test which work for you without any errors
so If I know the version I will download files and edit sources and recompile it.

I have tried like 5 different versions and none of them are as mine. 1 is launching for ages, others dont have cast system, next one does not have war system. :s

I wish I know where I have my TFS from XD it's bug free so far and got most features I need and most importantly it starts in like 1/2 seconds.

it does not say master version. it only says tfs version and not source version ( example: master 3777)

so If I know the version I will download files and edit sources and recompile it.

I have tried like 5 different versions and none of them are as mine. 1 is launching for ages, others dont have cast system, next one does not have war system. :s

I wish I know where I have my TFS from XD it's bug free so far and got most features I need and most importantly it starts in like 1/2 seconds.
None of official sources have Cast System, Guild Wars or any CUSTOM features like these.

Man, download new engine and start from 0. You have edited engine without sources, and u try use basic sources and expect this will "merge?" with you actually exe? Does matter what sources you download, you must add this system to you sources or just try to find custom engines with sources that already have it.

Man, download new engine and start from 0. You have edited engine without sources, and u try use basic sources and expect this will "merge?" with you actually exe? Does matter what sources you download, you must add this system to you sources or just try to find custom engines with sources that already have it.
so that's why I am trying to know what sources my TFS uses. If I know that, I can download them and edit them and recompile it. But because I only got my engine I can't edit anything in sources.
Of course this is my understanding how does this work. I am not so good at term of compiling and source edit.

Edit: I have not edited my engine. I got this engine since like 5 years. I have stopped working on my OT 3/4 years ago. Then I made backup, and today I downloaded my whole OT data.

sorry guys for my floppiness.
as I mentioned I never compiled and used TFS myself.
Usually when I compile myself I either got tons of errors when I compile or when I finally compile it, it doesn't got cast system and all the functions are different = my commands/actions/talkactions does not work.
If someone has good enough knowledge to instruct me how to compile other TFS to work with my current files such as actions,npcs and all the other stuff I would be more than thankful.

I actually care more for compatibility rather than this cast/war systems so I got sources which I can modify.

Last edited:
This is why you should also look at the compilation date. It's probably safe you assume it was compiled using recent at that time files, so you can just look at how the master branch looked like around that time.

so that's why I am trying to know what sources my TFS uses. If I know that, I can download them and edit them and recompile it. But because I only got my engine I can't edit anything in sources.
Of course this is my understanding how does this work. I am not so good at term of compiling and source edit.

Edit: I have not edited my engine. I got this engine since like 5 years. I have stopped working on my OT 3/4 years ago. Then I made backup, and today I downloaded my whole OT data.
Simple, you cant.
Without sources you dont know what is edited.
Ofc im not super pro in this case, and maybe u can do it with reverse engineering? But this is very high level.

Simple explain,
I write different 1 word message and put it into envelope, make 5000 envelopes with different words and stick it on walls near all city.
You job is, read all words and arrange content with it. BUT! YOU CANT OPEN ENVELOPE, enjoy :D

This is what you try to do.

Last edited:
I can probably determine your sources if you have a Linux binary. It is less likely I can do it with a Windows binary, but not impossible.

Back