• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to run Tibia OTS on Linux Ubuntu 13.04 / Tibia + IP Changer for Shadowcores

Mary Kate

Four Lions Society
Reaction score
Tibia + IP Changer for Shadowcores on Linux (Ubuntu 13.04 32/64bit)

Here's a simple guide for people struggling with installation of Tibia under Linux OS.

Part 1: Get the files

You need original Tibia linux client, that can be downloaded from https://secure.tibia.com/account/?subtopic=downloadclient

Next thing you need is obviously IP Changer, in this example I'm using PyIpChanger, it's simple and gets the job done. It can be downloaded from http://otland.net/f19/pyipchanger-v1-2-all-clients-157953/

Extract the files to your home folder by simply clicking on them and dragging the contents to the right destination. You can use your terminal if you want to, it doesn't matter which method is used as long as you get the files extracted to the right location.

Part 2: Preparing files

First of all, you need to make sure that you have the permission to access the files. Right click on the Tibia and choose Properties, go to the tab Permissions and make sure all Access is set to Read and write, as well as Allow executing file as program is checked.
Do the same for PyIpChanger.py

To run Tibia you can simply navigate to the folder and double click Tibia. You should see your regular Tibia client landing page that you know so well from Windows.

NOTE: If you're running 64bit OS it's possible that you will have to install libc6:i386 in order to run Tibia properly. To do that just type
Code:
sudo apt-get install libc6:i386
in your terminal.

Part 3: Changing IP and connecting to Shadowcores.

To run the IP Changer you can simply use command
Code:
python ./PyIpChanger/PyIpChanger.py -s
where PyIpChanger is the folder that contains the files. Use your names accordingly.

Since using terminal is tiresome, we'll make a shortcut.

To do that, we will need additional package.
In terminal use command:
Code:
sudo apt-get install --no-install-recommends gnome-panel
then:
Code:
gnome-desktop-item-edit ~/Desktop/ --create-new

New window will pop up.
Set type as default (Application), name it however you want.
In Command line paste this:
Code:
python ./PyIpChanger/PyIpChanger.py -s
Make sure that the path is correct (it's case sensitive so keep that in mind)
Click OK.

New icon will appear on your desktop, double click on it and you will see your IP Changer.
All you have to do now is to set the location of the Tibia client (it should be something like /home/Tibia/Tibia if you extracted it to your home folder.) type it manually or hit browse button and search for the Tibia file.
Use Shadowcores IP and port 7171 or whatever else you want, hit start button and enjoy your Tibia OTS on Linux.

WJkZZVq.jpg

Should you have any questions/problems, ask away. I'll try to help the best of my knowledge.

See you on Shadowcores! ;)

Going to try it now, when my Ubuntu installs. Seems like a helpful topic! :)
P.S you can find me on shadowcores: Reyal Bolt and Master Reyal :)

- - - Updated - - -

Im having problems with part 3 :(

I have my ip changer in Home/downloads/PyIpChanger/PyIpChanger.py

Here is what i typed:
root@Krystian-PC3L:/home/krystian# python ./Downloads/PyIpChanger/PyIpChanger.py -s

And here is what i got:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./Downloads/PyIpChanger/PyIpChanger.py", line 6, in <module>
from PyQt4.QtCore import *
ImportError: No module named PyQt4.QtCore

How can i fix this?? is there something i did wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

Wait dont worry, i fixed it, it was a problem with my python (i reinstalled it a different way) and it worked, thanks ! :)

Hi there Reyal :)

I'm sorry it took me so long to reply. Yes, it was most certainly an internal problem with one of the (outdated) python libraries.

I'm glad you found my guide useful, my in-game nick is Mary Kate, so feel free to hit me up when I'm online :]

Mary Kate you heave maybe rmp or ymp ? instal ;p? i need ip changer for open suse please help me

Hey

I'm also receiving

[root@Lucas-Notebook-Linux ipchanger]# python ./PyIpChanger.py -s
File "./PyIpChanger.py", line 6, in <module>

------------ EDIT ------------

yum install PyQt4
yum install qt qt-demos qt-designer qt4 qt4-designer
yum update

Didn't work

Last edited:
can you please post a video i am really confused on how to do it. i would really appreciate it and im sure other people nee it to thanks

Or you could post the source code where you actually change the IP :p

-EDIT-: nvm working fine now!

Last edited:
Im getting this error:

sh: 1: kfmclient: not found
sh: 1: gnome-open: not found

root@Krystian-PC3L:/home/krystian# python ./Downloads/PyIpChanger/PyIpChanger.py -s

And here is what i got:

File "./Downloads/PyIpChanger/PyIpChanger.py", line 6, in <module>
- - - Updated - - -
Wait dont worry, i fixed it, it was a problem with my python (i reinstalled it a different way) and it worked, thanks ! :)[/QUOTE]
Sry ressucite this topic, but its just this topic in the whole googled...
How did u solve this? I've reinstalled python but I know just the simples way.
-- SOLVED WITH THIS:

yum install PyQt4
yum install qt qt-demos qt-designer qt4 qt4-designer
yum update

Last edited:
Back