• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to Save Map for Transparency Client?

Briko

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Ladies,

Recently, I have been trying to deal with the problem that I am creating an OTS with effects that have transparency in them. Tibia.otfi I have set like this:

DatSpr
extended: false
transparency: true
frame-durations: false
frame-groups: false

When I try to open my client with the object builder, this transparency is checked as it goes.

unknown.png

In addition, the map in rme when, as you can see, the same file path opens without any problems:

unknown.png

But after logging into the server it looks like this:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.png

Honestly, I have no idea what the problem is, because I made map on the client with transparency - I don't know, maybe the map won't save with this transparency or I have to put something into the engine.

I heard about RME-Master which is transparency included in RME and wanted to convert map maybe, but I cannot find it right now. - Maybe It could fix the problem.

Please help!

If you are using OTC you need to save your .spr with transparency and add Tibia.otfi in data/things/version folder.

Lua:
DatSpr
  extended: true

Then in modules, game_things you need a things.otml where you add all sprites with transparency like this. Be careful of formatting, copy one after another leaving no spaces.

Code:
items
    opacity: 0.5
    full-ground: false

Lastly you add g_game.enableFeature(GameSpritesAlphaChannel) in things.lua and enableFeature(Otc::GameSpritesAlphaChannel); in game.cpp inside void Game::setClientVersion(int version) for your game version.

You can also have transparent sprites in RME, you need the edited spr with transparency and Tibia.otfi with this

Code:
DatSpr
  frame-durations: true
  frame-groups: true

Just to make things clear for you. You don't make your map compatible with transparency, the changes are client side. Your map will be compatible with both transparent enabled and not transparent enabled clients. With this you are just telling your client/RME to apply transparency to a spr

Last edited:
If you are using OTC you need to save your .spr with transparency and add Tibia.otfi in data/things/version folder.

Lua:
DatSpr

Then in modules, game_things you need a things.otml where you add all sprites with transparency like this. Be careful of formatting, copy one after another leaving no spaces.

Code:
items
    opacity: 0.5
    full-ground: false

Lastly you add g_game.enableFeature(GameSpritesAlphaChannel) in things.lua and enableFeature(Otc::GameSpritesAlphaChannel); in game.cpp inside void Game::setClientVersion(int version) for your game version.

You can also have transparent sprites in RME, you need the edited spr with transparency and Tibia.otfi with this

Code:
DatSpr
  frame-durations: true
  frame-groups: true

Just to make things clear for you. You don't make your map compatible with transparency, the changes are client side. Your map will be compatible with both transparent enabled and not transparent enabled clients. With this you are just telling your client/RME to apply transparency to a spr

Ok, only question is it only possible on OT Client? Honestly, I'm using the classic game client. What should I do right now?

Ok, only question is it only possible on OT Client? Honestly, I'm using the classic game client. What should I do right now?

Everything is possible in life but without sources you won't be able to do it most likely.

Back