• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to see which ports are being used and by what

Zisly

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
I will show you how to find out which ports are being used and by what.

• Start by running command, do that by; start>run>command
  • Now type netstat -ao, now a you should see a big list, scroll up a bit until it looks something like this;

The number which is in red is the port.
  • If you read under "PID" you will see a number, thats the PID id, write that number down when you want to see what process it is.
  • Now press ctrl+alt+delete to bring up the taskmanager.
  • Click view>Select columns.. and then check "PID (process identifier) " and press ok.

• Ok, now you have a new column called 'PID' now simply look for the PID id which you wrote down earlier and you will see what procces is using your port.

Done, now you know what is using that specific port.
Hope you understood the tutorial.

Rep is gladly accepted :)

Uuhm... when i type netstat -ao, the screen comes up for about 2-3 seconds before the "black screen" shut down. what should i do to make it "stand still"?

And no, i didnt understand the tutorial x]
What is the process using my port thing?
What does it mean?

Uuhm... when i type netstat -ao, the screen comes up for about 2-3 seconds before the "black screen" shut down. what should i do to make it "stand still"?
You are probably typing netstat -ao in the command prompt and thats why the "black screen" shuts down before seeing a thing.

Type cmd first once you select start->Run and then in the black screen type netstat -ao and you should see the results

Is it possible to find out what a port is being used for that's not on that current system?

Back