• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to: Stay Safe With Paypal

Rambo

☠ Hazard ☠
Reaction score
These simple tips can save you from a huge mistake!

Do not link your PayPal account to your bank account or debit card.
Why: Someone who gains fraudulent access to your PayPal account could wind up cleaning out your bank account as well.

Do link your PayPal account to a credit card.
Why: PayPal will cover you if you purchase an item that doesn't arrive or isn't what you expected, but by using a credit card to fund PayPal purchases, you gain an extra layer of protection because you can dispute the charge through your credit card company as well. PayPal's policy gives you up to 45 days to start a dispute where most credit card companies give you up to 60 days.

Never click on links in e-mails from PayPal.
Why: They might not really be from PayPal. The most common theft technique involves stealing passwords by sending "spoof" e-mails that appear to come from PayPal, but link to dummy sites (Which has paypal logo) where users unwittingly type in their info. "Instead, go to your PayPal account yourself, log in and look there for any communications.

Watch your balance carefully.
Why: Thieves will typically begin draining an account with a series of small withdrawals (as little as $5) hoping the user won't notice.

Use verified merchants, and consider getting verified yourself.
Why: Practically anyone with an e-mail address can open a PayPal account, but PayPal will "verify" users and merchants who provide additional information. While it does not guarantee that someone is legit, verification adds evidence of legitimacy.

Repping does not only gives me a boost to post more tutorials on how to secure yourself, but also gives me a thumbs up!

Feel free to rep me :)

Debit card/banks provide secure dispute procedures. So if there is fraud or unusual activity my bank notifies me to check if its me and/or freezes the account and transactions. Through any kind of transfer you can get you money back if proven to be unauthorised and/or wrong use of your account. Most banks have insurance i.e british banks, most transfers are traceable and those that arent are normally followed with a phonecall from your branch asking details.

My advice, if you are with a british bank. Link it to your paypal. It is safe.

Add: Don't do anything illegal

Had a few accounts limited cause of it

inb4 "common sense"

imo, never use paypal. They will block your account for a stupid reason, and take your money...

No. Paypal is secure. Paypal is efficient. Paypal is good. If you have ever had an issue with paypal it will most likely be down to you, and you only. You either breached their conditions via breaking the law on profiting off of a copyrighted game. Didn't actually choose the right setup by stating it is a personal gift account when infact you have a regular accessible SHOP. Or you are underage.

If you link your paypal to your bank, you are verified and therefore less likely to be limited. Those that state u get over 1000 euros.. Dafuq?! Btw have you donated to otland ? Since without them you would not have your "pro successful server". I would of given atleast 10% back. Donations should be and only be for costs. Otherwise it is not a donation but rather an income.

Those accounts that get limited.. Its your own fault. Deal with it. Just because a 100% bonified and legal company wont let you abuse something you complain. Read the rules of paypal and abide.

No. Paypal is secure. Paypal is efficient. Paypal is good. If you have ever had an issue with paypal it will most likely be down to you, and you only. You either breached their conditions via breaking the law on profiting off of a copyrighted game. Didn't actually choose the right setup by stating it is a personal gift account when infact you have a regular accessible SHOP. Or you are underage.

If you link your paypal to your bank, you are verified and therefore less likely to be limited. Those that state u get over 1000 euros.. Dafuq?! Btw have you donated to otland ? Since without them you would not have your "pro successful server". I would of given atleast 10% back. Donations should be and only be for costs. Otherwise it is not a donation but rather an income.

Those accounts that get limited.. Its your own fault. Deal with it. Just because a 100% bonified and legal company wont let you abuse something you complain. Read the rules of paypal and abide.

Bitch please! i'll save all of us some time.... PayPal Problems & PayPal Answers!
ghostx, you may have not had trouble with them yet, but they block accounts with money in them for the slightest reason.

Look it is your fault 9 times out of 10. I can guarentee at least half of u that get limited are under 18 as per there rules and/ or have not linked paypal up to a bank account. So dont give me that shit. Because i doubt any of you are 18 with a verified (bank linked) account that is not "lying" to paypal and following their terms and conditions. Legally they can not hold funds if none of that is breached so don't give me that shit.

Bitch please! i'll save all of us some time.... PayPal Problems & PayPal Answers!
ghostx, you may have not had trouble with them yet, but they block accounts with money in them for the slightest reason.

Thanks dude, that page seems totally trustworthy and reliable.

Paypal is secure.
My account existed before I was 18 years old, however it was always linked to a bank account and there are no troubles.

Paypal is secure.
My account existed before I was 18 years old, however it was always linked to a bank account and there are no troubles.

exactly! Someone with a rational viewpoint.

Paypal is secure.

Likewise

Back