• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to use D-Link modems

olavo

Reaction score
Okay,
I gonna make this tutorial to let people who have a dlink router and/or modem run their server on their own pc.

Little warning: Don't take me responsible for any loss of data, settings, connection to interner...... But this should work if you do everything right.

ok lets start:
First it's best to disable firewalls, antivirus software and antispyware software.
For windows firewall: go to "start", "control panel", and doubleclick "Windows firewall"
Then select the radio for "disable firewall". [if you don't see windows firewall, look in the menu on your right. You should see the option "show all items" or something. Click on it and you should see a bigger list]
For the antivirus and -spyware software, just disable all autoprotect things in your system tray by right-clicking on it, then "exit", or "shutdown or something"
DON'T FORGET TO RUN A VIRUSSCAN ONCE A WEEK TO KEEP YOUR SYSTEM CLEAN!

Ok, now this is done, it's time to download the latest firmware (software) for your router. [note: if your router isn't made by dlink, you don't need to download the firmware from dlink for the router made by another company]
go to http://www.dlink.co.ukhttp://www.dlink.co.uk
Scroll down until you see the "fast search" menu on your left. [screenshot dlink.co.uk.jpg]
Now search your model in the dropdown menu. Leave family and last model box empty. When you found your model, click search. [If you don't know the model of your router, look on the box, or on the router itself. Mostly it's on the right of all those little green lights]
Now click on the image of your router.
Now you will see more info about your router, but look to the menu "driver/firmwares" on your right. Click on "Drivers available in the download area" [screenshot driversfirmware.jpg]
Now download the newest firmware.

After this is done, open a webbrowser and type "192.168.0.1" in it. [if this doesn't work, just go to start, then run, and type cmd. Then type ipconfig and search for "default gateway". Type the numbers you find for default gateway in your browser.]
The username is "admin", leave the password blank, then click ok. [if this isn't correct, ask your parents for the password, or contact the reseller]
Then go to the "tools" tab, and click on "firmware" in the manu on the left.
Click "browse" and search for the firmware you downloaded. Then click "apply".
When the firmware is upgraded, the router will restart. After that, go to the advanced tab and click on "virtual server". Fill in everything like i did on the vs.jpg screenshot.
Then click "apply" and wait until the router has restarted.
Now go to "firewall" and look if the router has automatically created a new rule with the same things like you filled in on the virtual server page. If not, make a new rule with the things you can find on the screenshot fw.jpg
OK, well done. Now the router is ready.

Now it's time for the modem. Retake what I sayd 2 chapters ago about downloading the firmware for the router, but now search your modem model etc.
I think this will work without my assistance. REMEMBER THAT YOUR MODEM MUST BE DLINK! If not, just skip this, or search for firmware on the site of your modem manufacturer.

Now you have the modem firmware, you will see there are 2 files in the .zip file. I talk about this later.
Now open again a new webbrowser [best internet explorer, although I like firefox]
Type "192.168.1.1" [if this doesn't work, read the manual of your modem]
username: admin
password: admin
[if this doesn't work, ask your parents/reseller for the username/pass]
Click "login"
Now go to "tools" tab
Click on the "update gateway" button. Now click on "browse" in the Update Gateway Firmware part of the page, and search the firmware file you downloaded. THE FS FILE!!! Then click on "update gateway". This could take a pretty long time, so go eat something or watch tv.
OK now this is done, login to your modem again, and go back to the update gateway page. click browse again and search for the other downloaded file. THE KERNEL FILE!!! Then click "update gateway" again. This should go faster. You will now get a window with the message "update successfull". Now the modem will restart. After that you can close the webbrowser.

Back