• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hoster I am a hoster in need of a job.

• Thread starter Deleted member 49793
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 49793

Okay, so I will tell you now that I can host when it comes to custom maps or even a global map OT. but if you would like for me to do this; you can shoot me an email or even add me to msn @ [email protected] - okay now we should move on to my system specs, see below. Thank you.

OS: Genuine, Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit operating system.
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU X980 @ 3.33GHz (6-cores)
Video: 1GB Dedicated ATI Raedon 5770 Graphics (HDMI Video)
RAM: 12GB DDR3 Memory
Manufacturer: HP
PC Model: HPE-190t

Why waste an exellent gaming computer on hosting:)?
Also your upload won't hold to many players :(

Yeah I know, I'm plannin on buying Comcast Personal Business Internet.
Upload would be a good 10-20MB or more. and why a powerful pc? Because I would like to play some games so it wouldn't mess up with the server.
If it does, i will stop playing games and move the server to another PC.

But I could host for now, and when I know I'm getting players, I will honestly Buy Dedicated Internet.

1 GB RAM is enough to run an OT, the internet is way more important. Guys.. It's tibia. Cytoman i own 6 GB RAM. I hosted an OT contained about 17 players and i was playing Battlefield while i was hosting O.O Nobody said that there was any difference. Didnt lag. 12 GB is only needed if you're going to create hollywood movies lol. That upload speed could handle like 35 players with a bit lag.

@Up 35? where the hell did you get that imo lol

I'd say more like 90 at least.

6MB of upload is really only 800kb/s technically, so if say i had 90MB it would really be around 50MB/s? maybe more or less.

6MB of upload is really only 800kb/s technically, so if say i had 90MB it would really be around 50MB/s? maybe more or less.
Yes :)
Code:
6.32*1024/8
Also "6.32" is in Megabits per second (Mbps or Mb/s), and "808.96" is in Kilobytes per second (KB/s)

'B' in Bytes is uppercase and it's lowercase in bits :p

Back