• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows I can connect, but no one else can..

trackstz

Reaction score
I just started trying the whole hosting an OT thing.. lol

and I can't seem to let anyone else connect to it..
I can't think of what to do.. and I can't find anything out there that could help..

Last edited by a moderator:
if you are using xml then you must have missed done your ip n config.lua

same with sql but you might have also forgot to port forward... check out the tutorials page to find a port forward tutorial... or visit portforward.com

You should try portforward .. when you port forward you must go into portforward.com and then find your router then you just do exactly as they say then u have fixed it... maybe ! I did exactly as they said and it didnt work :( !

oh lol

well I told ya Im new at this :p

I'll try that then.

Ok
1. Go to your Server folder and open it.
2. Then you gonna see a item called config(config.lua)
3. Now open this config.lua in a notepad
4. Then search into ip and you gonna see an ip like that 127.0.0.1
5. Then open a browser like mozilla or internet explorer ands type this www.whatsmyip.com (this page gonna show you a number like 56.70.42.1 but different, thats your ip)
6. Now in the notepad with config.lua open, change the ip 127.0.0.1 to your ip or the ip was aper in the internet explorer window.
7. Then close the notepad and save the file.
8. Now start the server and tell to your friends the ip.

hope this answer your question and sorry for my abd english :)

Don't use Hamachi, that's just stupid. Hamachi creates a "LAN" so that others with Hamachi can connect to it and play on your server like it was on their local network. But on the free-version of it you can only have like 10 people on it at the same time and it's a lot more work. Just do it like Fikko said in the post before yours.

Back