• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ideas for New Project

mRefaat

Marketing and Coding
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello

I am working with my friends to make a new project based on TFS 1.3 10.98
Going to use OTC with current items plus going to add custom and latest sprites. ( new eq/weapons/outfits )
Also making a custom map.
Intending to make a custom/fun server.
Not high exp. (hard to get lvl 1k but no possible as we are going to keep it updated for more content for higher levels)

Thinking about the ideas for the server to make it unique as much as we can.
Intending to make it RPG/PVP.

I want to hear some ideas:
  • Things should be avoided?
  • Systems?
  • Monsters/Bosses?
  • Exp from players?
  • Items?
  • Events?
  • Map parts?

It is going to be great to share your ideas with us.
Many thanks.

Last edited:
Gl with that, hopefully we will get to see a good project there.

you dont need it to be as unique as possible tbh. Its hard enough to have brand new ideas in the world of tibia that no one ever had, and then execute it and make it good. All ideas aint good and all ideas for a server must work with all other ideas you have for it already.

First of all, when you get one you really need to think of the impact it will have on players and economy if thats the case. Is it fun or will it be something dreadful that players wont like?

Dont put too much pressure on yourselves and start with maybe a very basic lore with 5 sentences and start to map around it.
Sometimes something simple is way better and way more fun than something complex. Like a few servers that is 100% custom with map items quests and all systems you remember and could connect with tibia has been removed. Its too much and you easily get lost, confused and soon you get boored and never log in again.

but this is my opinion

you dont need it to be as unique as possible tbh. Its hard enough to have brand new ideas in the world of tibia that no one ever had, and then execute it and make it good. All ideas aint good and all ideas for a server must work with all other ideas you have for it already.

First of all, when you get one you really need to think of the impact it will have on players and economy if thats the case. Is it fun or will it be something dreadful that players wont like?

Dont put too much pressure on yourselves and start with maybe a very basic lore with 5 sentences and start to map around it.
Sometimes something simple is way better and way more fun than something complex. Like a few servers that is 100% custom with map items quests and all systems you remember and could connect with tibia has been removed. Its too much and you easily get lost, confused and soon you get boored and never log in again.

but this is my opinion
Thanks for your opinion.
You are right.
More simple more better.
We are going to go simple with few custom things.

Weekly "What I should do?" forum thread. If you are totally lost on what you want to do, you won't have the discipline to get anything worthy made. You need to sit back and try to figure out what you want yourself, and not wait the 5 random posters to give you any game-changing insight.

Weekly "What I should do?" forum thread. If you are totally lost on what you want to do, you won't have the discipline to get anything worthy made. You need to sit back and try to figure out what you want yourself, and not wait the 5 random posters to give you any game-changing insight.

We are already working already and hav a plan, but it will be good if i hear some good points or things i should avoid.

Is OP still active with this thread? If so I have another idea that could be interesting if done correctly.

With a bit of simple math its possible to have a damage roof on players. After a chosen level and skill level/Magic level a player can no longer get higher damage unless an item says so, as for example a weapon with higher damage. If there is an end to leveling and getting higher skills it would open up other means to play the game. Getting better items.

If you know how strong a player will be at this max level you can more easily design high level hunting grounds and or quests/dungeons.

edit: If you have for instance max level 1000 and max magic level/skill level 100, its no longer possible to get more exp or skills.
"Then what is the point of playing"
Instead you spend your time hunting for money or items(maybe creature products) which can be used to upgrade/enchant/purchase your/new items items in order to get stronger.

Items could give you more health/mana/magic level/weapon skill/hit chance/crit chance/what-ever-you-can-think-of

You can also make that players no longer drop items unless they have any type of skull from pvp. So if you get killed from a PKer you dont loose anything, but if you kill a PKer he has the chance to loose items

Last edited:
Is OP still active with this thread? If so I have another idea that could be interesting if done correctly.

With a bit of simple math its possible to have a damage roof on players. After a chosen level and skill level/Magic level a player can no longer get higher damage unless an item says so, as for example a weapon with higher damage. If there is an end to leveling and getting higher skills it would open up other means to play the game. Getting better items.

If you know how strong a player will be at this max level you can more easily design high level hunting grounds and or quests/dungeons.

edit: If you have for instance max level 1000 and max magic level/skill level 100, its no longer possible to get more exp or skills.
"Then what is the point of playing"
Instead you spend your time hunting for money or items(maybe creature products) which can be used to upgrade/enchant/purchase your/new items items in order to get stronger.

Items could give you more health/mana/magic level/weapon skill/hit chance/crit chance/what-ever-you-can-think-of

You can also make that players no longer drop items unless they have any type of skull from pvp. So if you get killed from a PKer you dont loose anything, but if you kill a PKer he has the chance to loose items
Currently we are working on it but not that fast.
But looks like a good idea.
Thanks for sharing it with us :)

but this is my opinion

Damn, I remember when I started playing a JRPG in the playstation 2 era that had an awesome combat system with null/absorb/reflect, and I wondered how I could implement this on a server. Fast forward a few years and now I see this in the sources lol.

I did this on my server - i scrapped lvling as normal and instead when someone killed a monster that yeilds experience i gave the player 0 experience, but instead used that number in a different calculation to give a different form of experience. This you could hand in to an NPC and level up. Its a simple storagevalue that is added to your character when you kill something and the amount is based of the experience the monster normally gives, but in a new formula.

If you die however this storagevalue will be cleared and set to ZERO.
But here is the kicker! The monster who killed you is now worth ((His normal amount)+(the storagevalue you lost)) so if you hurry, you can go back and kill that monster who killed you and get everything back.(unless someone beats you to it.)

Think of it like Dark Souls.

Like ShadowCores not with any Hunting Places. Classic Old 8.6 Map but a few Places work.

Like Prison and CataCombs is okay

Back