• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

if ip blank assume localhost

highsanta

Banned User
Solutions
Reaction score
why does client not try to connect to localhost if the ip space is empty? QoL

why does client not try to connect to localhost if the ip space is empty? QoL
Hello dear friend, please check for any typos/formatting errors in the configuration file in init.lua or in the gamelib folder if I'm not mistaken. Errors in these files can cause connection issues even on localhost.If the server and the client are being run on the same machine, this usually isn't a problem.However, if the IP address field is empty, the client won't know where to send the data and won't be able to connect to the server. This will result in a connection failure.

Hello dear friend, please check for any typos/formatting errors in the configuration file in init.lua or in the gamelib folder if I'm not mistaken. Errors in these files can cause connection issues even on localhost.If the server and the client are being run on the same machine, this usually isn't a problem.However, if the IP address field is empty, the client won't know where to send the data and won't be able to connect to the server. This will result in a connection failure.
I ment instead of error wrong ip it should assume localhost if its blank as feature

Back