• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

I'm sorry, where to install?

Codinablack

Dreamer
Content Editor
Solutions
Reaction score
This one kills me!

I'm at a loss, can anyone explain to me:
If someone doesn't know where to install a lua function, then why would they even be interested in installing it?

Really, I'm just bored, and I miss scripting here, so I login and look at stuff from time to time.

Can we talk about it? I would like to see complex theories and reasoning for why someone who can't understand the incredibly complex, super difficult api that is used in otservers , possibly want to add more functions to their library of never gonna be utilized code?

Good question.

Nothing here is really hard to understand. Just looking at where files go and what it says in them is an easy way to figure things out, but seems some people simply don't want to learn anything, even willing to pay people money to save them the trouble of learning a thing.

Yeah but that's not a theory as to why they would need a function? I'm not talking about a whole script, just a function to be used in writing the script.

Seems like a paradox to me

Sure is.

Apparently I'm toxic for suggesting people "try" first.

because people make servers to gain money without learning anything by attempting to piece together anything they can to throw donations on a server for their hard work, while begging here in forums asking where or how to install things when there's more documentation on tfs nowadays than ever before imo

i just enjoy watching the people that do this suffer by begging, the same kind of people who can't utilize google in 2021 while society is getting more and more technologically advanced

<ok hand emoji here>

Amen.

Seems stupid, but they should teach kids how to google their questions in school. 🤣

Lms! Yeah, we know what these kinds of urchins are, and why they want to put a server together, but the question here, is why would they feel it useful to have the functions? Not full scripts or systems, just functions..

Back