• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

World of Therran - Darudon, the City of White Walls

Samuro

GameDev
Reaction score
Darudon, a desert continent, and the city of white walls.
Darudon and the Will of the Pharaohs
Darudon, the capital in the desert, is the hometown of important societies such as the Merchant's Guild and also beautiful locations like the Darudon Aquarium. Darudon was once, a very long time ago, under the reign of Pharaohs. Today the town is ruled by King Kalahari and Queen Elia.

This story takes place way back when pharaohs reigned and the ancient kingdom of Darudon flourished.

“The Pharaoh's Crown, an artifact worn only by Jerih, “the Old Pharaoh”, is said to grant power over the sands of Darudon and the entire kingdom. For this reason Jerih was to be known as “the ruler of the shifting sands”. He reigned with pride and fairness, which made him loved and praised by his own people. But as to every good man, bad things tend to happen and one day Jerih fell ill. His health started to deteriorate fast. His death was inevitable and an heir had to be chosen to rule the kingdom. Jerih had four sons, but choosing the most worthy was a task that proved to be too difficult.

Jerih could not make the decision. For this reason he ordered an unforgettable scene. That evening, beneath the cold and starry sky the Pharaoh's Crown was placed on the sandstone altar and struck by a heavy flash of lightning causing a curtain of sparks radiating out through the air. After the smoke cleared the Pharaoh's Crown had been fragmented into seven smoldering pieces. Each piece represented its own physical part of the Pharaoh's kingdom.

On his deathbed the old Pharaoh called forward each of his four sons separately. All equal, they were granted their fair share of the kingdom as heritage, a single piece of the Pharaoh's Crown. Moments afterward, the Pharaoh took his last breath in the vicinity of his dearly loved sons. A few days after the pharaohs passing, the largest piece of the crown was buried alongside the old Pharaoh in his tomb. And with his death came the “Dawn of the New Sun”, a name given to the era following the passing of a pharaoh. The other two pieces left of the Pharaoh's Crown were scattered across the world but the exact whereabouts of these two pieces remain unknown.

It was not much later that the reign of the old Pharaohs ended.

The decades that followed the “Dawn of the New Sun” were watched over righteously by the four new pharaohs and after four more “Dawns of New Sun”, the Old Pharaoh's sons were buried in their appropriate tombs with their piece of the Pharaoh's Crown.

Currently, five of the helmets pieces rest with its appropriate owner. The Old Pharaoh and his sons are dead, but remain to rightfully protect what is originally theirs. This way the legacy of the Pharaoh's will never cease to exist.

Reassembled it is said the Pharaoh's Crown can dress the wearer with ungodly powers over the sand. Let us hope that the Pharaoh's Crown never falls in to the wrong hands.”

-

We have been working hard on Darudon to make it as interesting as Ramurika for Therran. What is Darudon? Lets hear what Fueka have to say about it.

Temple of Choice. A strange room where newcoming adventurers are sent to pick their starting town.
44ZXYOE.png

Darudon offers a rich story. A history of Pharaohs, and a crown that was split into pieces and scattered across the world. A crown so powerful that the ruler who had it in his time was called "the ruler of the shifting sands."

Visit Daniella in the library to hear the story of Darudon.
Z3zGDWj.png
"Daniella: Darudon have not always been ruled by a king and queen. This story takes place way back when Pharaohs reigned and the ancient kingdom of Darudon flourished. ..."

The caverns beneath Darudon is plagued with larvae and scarabs. Find Guard Sha'Bab outside the king's castle in Darudon and get sent off to a mission to help him out!

Enter the caves by a sewer grate and start swinging your weapons.
g4nKwRX.png

Go deeper and find stronger monsters like scarabs.
lJJbr7L.png

Enter the Black Tomb and fight off vampires, necromancers and other foul creatures.
KsZqMIz.png

Dangerous monsters like Wyrms roam the desert. Slay them before their numbers grow too big.
QuUvw0c.png

Enter the Tomb of Jerih, the last pharaoh to rule Darudon.
rRJBOuz.png

There are tons of quests and challenges in the desert continent for all levels. If you are tired of exploring the continent, visit the arena of Darudon with a friend and challenge him in a game of survival. Who will be the last man standing?

Standing before the mighty arena of Darudon.
O9bdVKL.png

I feel nostalgic. Hmm.. What's this? The Tutorial Tower? It's back? Yes! Get a great first experience of Therran in the Tutorial Tower, climb to the top and obtain your reward.

The first thing a newcomer of Therran will see.
pqhCV6v.png

Cheers people. I hope to see you all online when it's ready for BETA testing,
SweSoft Team.​

Last edited:
Very nice mapping!
I'd say the Temple of choice is more like an "Exhibition hall" showing currently 2 exhibitions. :)

Btw, I give this 10/10 and I am not biased in any way!

Really darn good, Samuro! The arena entrance looks amazing, though I'm unsure if it makes it appear small. Still, that screenie is my fave.
Aside from that, I feel like something more could be done with the walls in the temple (first screenshot).
As Rik said, definitely feels really RPG like. Keep it going!

Credits to Mackan for the amazing arena.

The walls in the temple will make more sense once you get to see the whole place. :)

Really darn good, Samuro! The arena entrance looks amazing, though I'm unsure if it makes it appear small. Still, that screenie is my fave.
Aside from that, I feel like something more could be done with the walls in the temple (first screenshot).
As Rik said, definitely feels really RPG like. Keep it going!

Walking around in and outside the arena is not an experience of a small place. In comparison it to the old one, before I revamped it, this one is still 100x more grand. :p
The Temple initially had an "inner ring" with walls that I had to remove, too much view was lost with them. Also, sadly, one must know the reason behind the "walls" (drapes) before knowing how to judge it.

Edit: lol @Samuro , we answered similarly :p

Since this thread got bumped I fixed the images again. Enjoy!

When are you planning to release the official server?
It will probably take a while to finish what we need to do before official server goes online.

Hello guys!

In an attempt to bring attention to our lovely server Therran, which will be launching OFFICIALLY in near future, I have decided to update these old teasers threads with updated images of our server. I'll also be adding some lore for you guys to read and enjoy.

Visit the drying rivers of Darudon.
jloD1ol.png

Cheers everyone, and have a lovely day. :)

Discussion thread: https://otland.net/threads/world-of-therran-official-discussion-thread.244639/

Last edited: