• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Improvement for Supprt/Request. (Making searches easier, and faster!)

J.Dre

Unity Games
Solutions
Reaction score
As the title says, here's an example:

qn8p35.png

Just a simple implementation that can go a long way, especially when searching forums for solutions to problems!

Edit: Perhaps you could even take this to the next level. After choosing "Mark Thread as Resolved", it moves the thread to a sub-forum with only resolved issues. ;)

Last edited:
& close thread

Well, we used to have that, but it got out of hand because Moderators want the "last say" in matters, and people kept opening them up and speaking onward.

But yes, if responsibly handled - enable open/close! :)

@Down,

Ah, I see! 50/50 on that... ^_^

it wouldn't matter for this, just close thread and no option to open it

you got [SOLVED] tag.

True, but it's rarely used. People often forget about it, maybe because their thread has passed the time frame of being able to edit the title, who knows.

With this tool, there won't be any reason as to why someone shouldn't, wouldn't or couldn't use it - except laziness or carelessness (those who want to feed off the community). It may even make people feel in control of their threads, and make them more willing to use this.

Or, the same reason as you've stated before, forgetting it.

If the button is as hidden as in that screenshot I'd forget about it.

Or, the same reason as you've stated before, forgetting it.

If the button is as hidden as in that screenshot I'd forget about it.

Possible, but unlikely. The majority of us wouldn't forget about it, especially if it's widely used. There will probably be stickies notifying people, as well as members reminding others the same way they do with "use
Code:
 tags next time!" So, it'll boil down to laziness or carelessness 9/10 times. I still believe if this is implemented it will help with searches.

And I think it's an easy add-on to implement as well. I read somewhere this is already an available option for vBulletin.

Isn't it the same with the Solved tag then? It's not used for the same reason as this won't be used: forgetting, not widely used, not notifying stickies..

Similar goal, but different approach. That is why the title of this thread contains the word "improvement".

It's not going to be easily forgotten, I explained why in my previous posts - you should read them more carefully. And I recommend you setup an appointment to see a neurologist if you're having issues remembering things. ^_^ I find that you will have trouble forgetting about this now that you've argued about it extensively, unless of course you do have memory loss issues.

Last edited:
It's nice for us who like things organized, after all, we're the ones most likely to actually search; why not enhance our experience?

Last edited:
Back