• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Installer: Creating shorcut to run as administrator

kito2

www.masteria.net
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,

I am using installforge.net software to create installers and works pretty nice, but I haven't found any good tutorial to make this work: shortcut to run as administrator.

Why I am doing this?

Currently client 11 gives an error when loading clienteoptions.js if you are not running as administrator.

Cant that be done by changing the .exe properties? That when someone clicks on the .exe file it has to ask for admin permission to run, otherwise it wouldn't start the .exe

Cant that be done by changing the .exe properties? That when someone clicks on the .exe file it has to ask for admin permission to run, otherwise it wouldn't start the .exe

Already tried to change client.exe to run as administrator, but when creating the installer, it doesn't install the client with admin rights (I suppose it is becuase the installer should be as admin too).

You can't prompt an administrator launch from the exe file your installer created.
Atleast not with Windows Installer.

Perhaps you could use some sort of auto-updater in your client that would need the administration permission to run.

Back