• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Interesting idea - Master Thread? :P

Danpanther

Reaction score
Hey, i have been playing Tibia for a while now and wanted to make my own Tibia OT server, i tried making one back in the 7.6 days, and now i wantd to try again and things are really complicated. The following below are things i have seen many including myself ask for and i thought itd be really cool if we could get all this information into one "Master Thread" so it's really easy for everyone Beggining or Experienced to get what they need. If anyone can give me the Links to as many of the proper Tutorials as possible id love to add them here, like:
House Tutorials:
http://otland.net/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=137 (8.0)
http://otland.net/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=137 (8.0)
http://otland.net/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=137 (8.21)
Mapping Tutorials:
http://otland.net/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=137 (7.6)
http://otland.net/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=137 (8.1)
etc.
The links above i just copy and pasted from my Web Browser while making this.. so don't actualy use it :p
Since i have not enough posts or i'm not "L337" enough, anyone else is welcome to do this instead of myself, though id be happy to do it. Mods can move this thread if i didn't post it in the right section.. not completely sure where i was supposed to post it, but anyways if anyone wants to make a Master thread for all kinds of information or help me get the information so I can make it, this would help many people. Like i said, below is some of the things i think are important or fun to add into a server, any help with this is appreciated, ty. :)

Attack Speed
- being able to edit the attack speed of vocations (or just attack speed in general), even though most servers already have a way to configure it, many 7.6 servers and others don't.. and id love to know how to beable to edit these things without an basic configuration.

First Attack & Chasing Opponents
- This is a major problem, in almost every server i've ever downloaded, is that when you attack.. your attack doesnt start instantly... i dunno how to start it.. the server either has it or doesn't, and i would be very happy to learn how to fix this. Also, when chasing opponents (monsters and players) the attack usualy doesnt hit properly while chasing and can sometimes be completely avoided while chasing an opponent even if their next to them, i heard there OT servers have a 1.0 range for melee and in real tibia during chasing you hit at a 1.5 range or something... any information on this would be highly appreciated for me and others confused about this!

Remove or Infinate Rune Charges & Ammunition
- I think i got this one down.. or can figure it out anyways, but it would be very helpful to players who don't understand. and to those of us like me who have taken a long break from OT servers and could use a refreshend memory. it can be frustrating when your runes don't run out or when things such as magic walls, bomb spells or rings/amulets charges and time dont seem to ever run out. (dunno if its in the same category but i'll add it here anyways)

Custom Spells
- This isn't really that hard and can vary per server, but it can be quite complicated.. any basic Spell Tutorials or more advanced ones such as Double Hit spells or complicated spells like "Nuke" (was a spell on an OT server i tried once, it counts down from 5 - 0 and then instantly killed a player) would be absouletely awesome to learn how to create and customize some of these spells.

Account Creation
- I never really understood that Xamp stuff, but any information/tutorials on Xamp, customizing In-Game account creators or even creating your own Account Manager (if thats possible >.>) could be really helpful, i always see the same account creators with the same beggining equipment and level and most people dont fix it because they don't know how.. though some just dont care, either way this is a really important part in any server.
PS: In some newer Servers there is no account/player folders, a Mod told me it is something to do with Databases or something, me along with others are confused and dunno how to get to them.. any info on that would help me alot.

Shielding & Armor
- One of the things that bother me the most in servers new and old is that Shielding is always messed up, in many servers you can have 2000 shield and the best shield in the game and still take damage from cyclops pretty badly, any Tutorials on how to edit Shielding so you can block attacks properly, and i know in Vocations.xml its configurable even though i find it hard to try and perfect realisticly, many servers especialy older ones don't have the option to configure... might not be important to everyone but itd be a great part of a server. Also for armor just woundering if it's possible to edit it.. such as in older ones your armor hits counted as "puffs" anyways to change it from that to the Sparks or edit it to other stuff if you want?

Servers, Maps & Other Tools
- It's not impossible to use the search button to find these individualy.. but it would be extremely helpful to players new and old to have all the information in one spot to download, like a sticky with links to all of the threads about whatever is needed.

Color Types
- Another thing that i find kinda annoying in servers is when the Color Types of monsters or spells is always red, and the newer servers are really limited to configure this, they just limit it to "insect, blood, undead" etc.. for monsters and "poison, fire, energy" etc.. for spells. I really miss when i was able to give my monsters and spells unique colors.. which isn't possible now, and not only is it not possible, i can't even give spells like HMM's a orange color without changing it to fire (not that anyone needs it Orange, just an example)any possible way to change the variety of useable colors and especialy without changing their Types (energy to fire) would absolutely save me a ton of pain as i've been trying to figure it out and don't understand at all.

Xml, Mysql, Sqlite
- I only made one server, and it was 7.6 Version, i played with friends and such but never put it on for the public, just to test quests and do stuff I wasn't high enough level in rl Tibia to do. Now that i decided to make a real OT server, theres TONS of stuff i've never even heard of... 7.6 was so nice and basic and now i don't even know what these new things are.. any Tutorials for people new to these would help cause i have searched but haven't found the answers i've looked for concerning databases, mysql, sqlite and all that, any help on this would be great!

NPC's, Quests, Addons, Houses, etc.
- Im alright with with NPC's,and can make basic Quests, but these things are still complicated (well for begginers anyways heh) and Houses were always a total pain and i never got around to making them myselves cause it wasnt needed and really complicated for me, unfortunetely i'll need to learn if i want to make a proper server. (you know, since real tibia got completely destroyed) Addons is new to me and i dunno how to add them, i dunno how to give it to players, obtain it in quests, especialy part by part and not the entire addon at once, any Quests, NPC scripts, houses addons or any other minor Tutorials such as Level Doors and Portals, Citizenship and all is included here, just things to give the server an extra kick!

Customizable Items
- I heard you need an Item Editor to edit items and equipment in some servers, that sucks... if theres ways to make it configurable easier in Items it would be really awesome! Also adding % to items like Rings, Amulets or even Equipment such as giving Demon Armor 5% fire resistance or +10 Speed, even once i saw one that increases your Mana Fluid power by having Ankh's carried around with you.. these things are wat make servers really unique and stand out, great for all players!

Routers
- My old arch enemy for my server, the main reason i never got my old OT online for the public, this could help a TON of people using Routers who are otherwise hopeless to run a server on their own... any Tutorials on how to Port Forward, Trigger or anything else they need to do should be added here, can mean the difference between running an awesome server and ripping all of your hair out.

Sprites(?)
- This isn't needed for most servers, but i was woundering if anyone could make/add detailed Tutorials for creating/adding new sprites in Tibia, i personaly was interested in creating not only new items and equipment, but new outfits and monsters.. and i havent the slightest idea how to create them, add them into the game and give them features such as the sparkles you see on enchanted chicken wing or with outfits/monsters, make them move around and useable by players, even make new addons or such for characters! This is very difficult, i know, i don't understand any of it, but any information on it would help me a ton, as well as anyone else interested in it.

There might be more... but i can't remember it all right now, everyone is welcome to tell me and i'll add things to my list, these are just some important things id love to see on any server (especialy mine :D). Please no flaming "haha you are n00b you dont know how to do that??" or for anything else i am unaware of... i'm just new to this and would love seeing the most needed information all in one place for players like me who have a difficult time getting them one by one and beable to get my server into kickass shape! There are other things i may request for myself personaly... but everything here is most helpfull to the entire public, so if anyone wants to make the Ultimate Tutorial or help me turn this Thread into one, let me know and we can get one really awesome information thread for everyone to use! =D

Back