• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Is their a way to remove the "drop of items" upon death? |TFS 1.3| |8.6|

chyssler

Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if their is a way to make so ppl wont loose their items upon death, like the Amulet of Loss is doing, but without it.
I tried to follow Don't Lose Items upon death (https://otland.net/threads/dont-lose-items-upon-death.214234/)

but that one is outdated im pretty sure, since i get error from it:
Lua Script Error: [CreatureScript Interface]
data/creaturescripts/scripts/others/login.lua:eek:nLogin
data/creaturescripts/scripts/others/login.lua:90: attempt to call global 'doPlayerSetLossPercent' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'doPlayerSetLossPercent'
data/creaturescripts/scripts/others/login.lua:90: in function <data/creaturescripts/scripts/others/login.lua:26>
I have tried to make the amulett of loss to be infinite, but it keeps disappearing so I thought it would be good to have a way to just skip it and make so ppl wont loose their stuff overall instead..

Is their a way to do that?

I belive and dont take my word for it but u can try to change charges to =0 insted of 1,

<item id="2173" article="an" name="amulet of loss">
<attribute key="weight" value="420" />
<attribute key="slotType" value="necklace" />
<attribute key="charges" value="1" />
</item>

in items.xml

Idk if it will be infinte or not xD

I belive and dont take my word for it but u can try to change charges to =0 insted of 1,

<item id="2173" article="an" name="amulet of loss">
<attribute key="weight" value="420" />
<attribute key="slotType" value="necklace" />
<attribute key="charges" value="1" />
</item>

in items.xml

Idk if it will be infinte or not xD
yea i tried that, but it didnt make any difference, same if i delete the "charge" row too :D or set it to 1000.. no different.

strange,

check this out

maybe it will work for u

i think its better not to remove any important file, u never know what it might mess up xD rather try that fix i linked, if it does not help then try to delete it but back it up somewhere ;P

if i delete the script. wont something else be messing up then?
Idk, but I don't think so.
You can also remove just this line to make the aol infinite:
Code:
player:removeItem(ITEM_AMULETOFLOSS, 1, -1, false)

//edit
Actually, if u delete the whole file, players won't be losing items no matter what (even if they have rs or bs too).

strange,

check this out

maybe it will work for u

when i replaced that droploot, it didnt appear to have any effect. i still lost my bag when dying.
i think its better not to remove any important file, u never know what it might mess up xD rather try that fix i linked, if it does not help then try to delete it but back it up somewhere ;P
Post automatically merged:

Code:

//edit
Actually, if u delete the whole file, players won't be losing items no matter what (even if they have rs or bs too).
that will certainly help
Post automatically merged:

Code:

//edit
yay that worked. to remove the line, and the amulet of loss doesnt gets removed :D

Hopefully I didn't screw anything else up, but, using the latest TFS. Tested and working

in creature.cpp just comment out this line and rebuild
if (corpse) {
//dropLoot(corpse->getContainer(), lastHitCreature); <--this line commented, no need AoL, can use other ammys xD
}

Back