• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Is this computer good for a server.

dratewka2

Reaction score
Alright, so I already got a server, it's got around 30-40 people on daily, but I want more ;D

I was wondering, will it lag with 100+ people if it will lag.

Here's my internet.

Here's my other computer info:
3.5GB RAM
Intel Quad Core extreme processor with 4ghz each
Nvidia Geforce Extreme 8800 512 Mb
I got highspeed internet as you can see
Idk about my Mobo, though I am exchanging it, in like 3 days, my motherboard is an Intel, and I know was about 150 bucks, lmfao, it's crappy, the one im getting now is amazing.
I've got 5 fans, and a nice cooling system, so my computer stay's nice and cool most of the time.

Will it lag with 100+ people?!

I also need some advice on how to reduce lag, delete usless characters? or reduce map size? Idk?

Well with your upload speed, depending on how the players actually 'play'... You might be able to get 50-60 players online with no lag. But connection rates are constantly changing so at some times, your players might experience lag. Also, lag can be a result of your ISP's connection to other networks...

The broadband connection does not realy do anything for the players. Its the hardware on the computer that keeps it up || Hosted a 24mb realmap on 0,5 Mbitz and it worked fine with 60 players online.

Ok.. i tryed t ohost the 8.21 eclipse real map (ca 70MB) with this.

CPU : Intel E8200 2.66GHz
RAM : 4GB DDR2
GPU : Dosent matter
Hdd : 500Gb Sata
Broadband : 24Mb Down and 1.2MB up.

The server started to lag after 1 hour because it was to big and my internet was to weak. after that i tryed to host a 8.21 yurots and that run smooth.

so ur internet connection Does matter.

The broadband connection does not realy do anything for the players. Its the hardware on the computer that keeps it up || Hosted a 24mb realmap on 0,5 Mbitz and it worked fine with 60 players online.
First off look at the upload stream and not to comp info, lol. Dont post if you dont know.

LOL i bought my comp 4 years ago i bought the same graphic card again becouse the other one burned up.

/\ Considering the upload stream you don't know how to calculate how much people he can handle online without lag I mean.

Back