• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

ISP Doesn't allow port forwarding. Alternatives?

Siegh

Thronar Developer
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm trying to run a server from my pc at home, but, since my router is lent by the ISP, I don't have access to it. I've tried talking to the company that provides it but they do not allow any kind of port forwarding except for some security cameras stuff.

Is there any way to work around this so I can have people connect to my server?

Thanks in advance :)

This might work doing it through your firewall
  • Launch Windows Defender Firewall on your device.
  • Select Advanced Options.
  • Select New Rule from the right panel, followed by Port.
  • Select TCP or UDP, then enter the Port to be forwarded to Specific local ports.
This also works

I'm trying to run a server from my pc at home, but, since my router is lent by the ISP, I don't have access to it. I've tried talking to the company that provides it but they do not allow any kind of port forwarding except for some security cameras stuff.

Is there any way to work around this so I can have people connect to my server?

Thanks in advance :)
I noticed that you are Brazilian, but I will answer you in English out of respect for the forum, feel free to call me privately.

Several ISPs in Brazil use CGNAT: customers' private IP addresses are mapped to a single public IP address shared by the ISP, which makes it difficult to publish any service to the internet. Try negotiating a fixed or dynamic IP with them, after confirming that you are on a CGNAT.

Back