• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

ItemEditor doesn't see added sprites via ObjectEditor

• Thread starter Deleted member 210450
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 210450

Hello. I am playing with item adding to TFS 1.2 (10.98). I use ObjectEditor + ItemEditor.
I was doing this with this tutorial (found in otland).
But I have problem... When I want to change in ItemEditor clientID to my sprite's ID, there is problem, sound error like "doesnt exist". Have no idea whats happening. I tried a lot of settings variations - with/out automap/transparency, but the same or worse (couldnt load any of sprites) effects... :(

Not sure how newer versions of itemeditor works, but I will assume that you've changed the spr/dat that the itemeditor loads to the newer ones that you have edited?

Hello, I recomend you to select a blank sprite in your item editor and put the client_ID, ex.
Well, the main problem is, i can't put the clientID. But I discovered something.
First of all, when I add item like tutorial (linked in 1st post) says, item does not appear:
https://i.imgur.com/OOW3R1K.png (link because images are big)
To have a visible preview, I have to add sprite in that right column (by New -> Import .png file) and THEN add new item in left column (and in properties have to set automap color) I hope you get it :|
Next thing, a new added item has clientID 23726
https://i.imgur.com/QSnqXJ4.png
I searched in ItemEditor and... This client ID already exist. The last ID in ItemEditor is 26382, but in ObjectBuilder is 23725. It is like ObjectBuilder is missing 3k items? Maybe this why the problem is? Because i am trying to assign Id that is already in use?

Not sure how newer versions of itemeditor works, but I will assume that you've changed the spr/dat that the itemeditor loads to the newer ones that you have edited?
Everything is actually brand new, just downloaded, including Tibia client.
ObjectBuilder downloaded from there
ItemEditor downloaded from there

Yes, I have a directory ItemEditor -> Data where i have Tibia.spr & Tibia.dat from 10.98 client and item.otb from TFS 1.2 (just like linked tutorial said)

#Edit: Actually, probably I dont understand. How to do that?

#Edit 2: Okay, I have new .dat and .spr files created by ObjectBuilder, but ItemEditor asks only for items.otb (from TFS 1.2)

Last edited by a moderator:
So what i have to upload? Your one post says about items.otb, other about .spr & .dat. ItemEditor asks me only for items.otb

It might be me misinterpreting what you mean, but what I was trying to tell you is that for the editor of items.otb to be able to find new spr pictures and attributes from dat you need to load the items-editor with your already edited spr and dat. If that doesn't work then I don't know how to help you.

Open ItemEditor, press Ctrl+P, check if the path is for the actual files you edited with ObjectBuilder.

Back