• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Jalorius mapping showoff ~

Jalorius

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
So, I had a post on here once before, years ago... I figured I would just restart a fresh one as links were broken in the other thread (also, so that I don't have to keep posting all my works in the lastest mapping thread :) )

So here are a couple of my most recents to start it off:
I recreated my own version of Rookgaard (fully custom)

d10ea171eb.png

c88767ff50.png

eb5bef37fa.png

0737fb1e66.png

I hope to keep this up-to-date as much as possible! Let me know what you think or if there are any pointers that you could give me to make them more appealing!

Cheers for now~

Ok, I may need some help with this... A little unsure about how the houses look so I need some advice or some critique on them please!!

fa6ea8b543.png

07de31be42.png

I like it, but a few things that come to mind.

1. I don't think there should be any wood materials in this area. The wooden structural post for example near the lava is an accident waiting to happen xD

2. I love the feel of the flooring, walls etc, but the roofs of the houses are out of place imo. However, I can't suggest a decent alternative.

Obviously some people might like the things that I dislike, thats the beauty of human nature.

Love your style though! The mapping seems very desirable to play

I like it, but a few things that come to mind.

1. I don't think there should be any wood materials in this area. The wooden structural post for example near the lava is an accident waiting to happen xD

2. I love the feel of the flooring, walls etc, but the roofs of the houses are out of place imo. However, I can't suggest a decent alternative.

Obviously some people might like the things that I dislike, thats the beauty of human nature.

Love your style though! The mapping seems very desirable to play

@Boy67 thanks for your feedback - I do agree with the wooden structures and there placement, I just wasn't sure what else I would use, but I suppose I could use another alternative like a stone pillar as such.

Also, for the roofing... I looked and tried many different styles and I couldn't come to terms with any that I preferred using other than this one as it does give it a little more of a "built" look as I don't think that the other styles of perched roofs would have worked here.

Thanks @Nemphis for the kind words!

All-in-all, I appreciate the feedback once again! Anything to help make it more appealing to others is what I strive for!

Cheers~

I won't be able to update as much as I was hoping for due to real life circumstances, but here are a couple more to show some more of my Rookgaard off!

46d2cc2739.png

dad5de3c5b.png

(Orcs are planning to grow and attack strong! We must fight back!)

And of course, another from my Dwarven City I am currently working on

d5d9938221.png

Hope you all enjoy!

Cheers~

Hey all, been quite some time since I've uploaded any pictures. I've decided to give something a try that's out of my scope and would like some critique on it before I continue if there is anything I should adjust.

5041d0a769.jpg

Cheers~

For me it seems good. Keep working well :)
Btw nice maps (above this one)

I like your style, it's kept simple, well thought out and it works! Quite nostalgic too, very nice, keep more coming :)

Back