• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[JAPAN] [7.6] PEORA - SINCE JULY 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to say thanks, making this must have taken ages. I'm really enjoying the 'oldschool' experience of exploring and questing. Brings back memories getting one shotted by a random demon skeleton and then again by a giant spider haha.

You got used to dumbed down otservers, you can test things here [Italy] [7.7] Realots Testserver (oldschool PvP-E mode; 50% exhaust)

Players spells formulas were wrong though, but it was fixed some hours after your initial report.

Cmon the formula for everything is wrong here. Its playable but its pretty unbalance when you have melee doing 150-200 hit with 60skills and not even having high end weapon. Same with dist. If your server had more player, mage would get rekt in 2shot by any knight/pala. And this is far from what tibia was. Most of the monster you have makes double hit and makes playing a sorc even more unenjoyable. . I have forever played oldchool and had high level on the real tibia from 7.0 to 8.0 and this is just so out of balance , even though it is playable, that i have given up. We all know that a knight should not be able to hit a dragon for 120+ everyhit with really dumb down skill and a firesword. I have hunted deeeper fibula at 7.4 from 60-100 on a paladin and with 98-99 distance , the best dmg i was getting on a drag was probably 150. And the average would probably be 80 reasonably. Here my 60dist pala with arrow shots for 100+ already. All these things adds up,and it makes playing mage pretty much useless. The map was ok,quest are nice and overall its enjoyable but dmg formula is way off.

I would have enjoyed your server if i had known this upon taking my starter class,so i hope this post helps someone whos willing to give this server a shot. Its not bad,its just not same dmg that your used to see.

Looks pretty cool TBH. I would totally play this. Hope you can fix the ^bugs in order to balance it out and make it funer.

Cmon the formula for everything is wrong here. Its playable but its pretty unbalance when you have melee doing 150-200 hit with 60skills and not even having high end weapon. Same with dist. If your server had more player, mage would get rekt in 2shot by any knight/pala. And this is far from what tibia was. Most of the monster you have makes double hit and makes playing a sorc even more unenjoyable. . I have forever played oldchool and had high level on the real tibia from 7.0 to 8.0 and this is just so out of balance , even though it is playable, that i have given up. We all know that a knight should not be able to hit a dragon for 120+ everyhit with really dumb down skill and a firesword. I have hunted deeeper fibula at 7.4 from 60-100 on a paladin and with 98-99 distance , the best dmg i was getting on a drag was probably 150. And the average would probably be 80 reasonably. Here my 60dist pala with arrow shots for 100+ already. All these things adds up,and it makes playing mage pretty much useless. The map was ok,quest are nice and overall its enjoyable but dmg formula is way off.

I would have enjoyed your server if i had known this upon taking my starter class,so i hope this post helps someone whos willing to give this server a shot. Its not bad,its just not same dmg that your used to see.

Melee damage is boosted and shield formula works. Default otservers have shielding block at least half shielding formula max value every hit, while here it varies from 0 to max value, but max value of hard monsters are actually high. The same knight you complain hit high, can't actually hit an giant spider, and won't ever be able to solo demons and other end game monsters as they do in other servers. What I can't see the point is you complaining while playing the most imbalanced class, you leveled up faster than anyone else and when you started scaling out of proportions (could afford making own runes, play with life ring 100% of time and GFB all the imbalanced respaws) you say a class that is nearby hitting it's cealing is imbalanced. You can SD, level up faster, zero problem with supplies, how is that favoring knights? I'm playing druid and it seems good compared to the rest.

Last edited:
Melee damage is boosted and shield formula works. Default otservers have shielding block at least half shielding formula max value every hit, while here it varies from 0 to max value, but max value of hard monsters are actually high. The same knight you complain hit high, can't actually hit an giant spider, and won't ever be able to solo demons and other end game monsters as they do in other servers. What I can't see the point is you complaining while playing the most imbalanced class, you leveled up faster than anyone else and when you started scaling out of proportions (could afford making own runes, play with life ring 100% of time and GFB all the imbalanced respaws) you say a class that is nearby hitting it's cealing is imbalanced. You can SD, level up faster, zero problem with supplies, how is that favoring knights? I'm playing druid and it seems good compared to the rest.
.. formula is not right and theres no need to argue with that. weve kill gs at lvl20 on knight. Theres no need to try and argue with that either. Im not caring about this server i am just telling people who start here the real thing about dmg,so they make a decision knowing what they get into upon taking their class. its enjoyable and playable . My whole thing was discussing the dmg boosted of pala and knight and you confirmed it so lets just keep that there and people can pick their class knowing that. Your lucky its a niche community and no real pk's have taken the time to lvl up and mess with you. Thats where the imbalance will be obvious.For the pve aspect its quite fine the way it is. But i guess this will forever be a carebear server and pvp will never be a thing. Since its aiming at playing with friends. Which is totally fine .

.. formula is not right and theres no need to argue with that. weve kill gs at lvl20 on knight. Theres no need to try and argue with that either. Im not caring about this server i am just telling people who start here the real thing about dmg,so they make a decision knowing what they get into upon taking their class. its enjoyable and playable . My whole thing was discussing the dmg boosted of pala and knight and you confirmed it so lets just keep that there and people can pick their class knowing that. Your lucky its a niche community and no real pk's have taken the time to lvl up and mess with you. Thats where the imbalance will be obvious.For the pve aspect its quite fine the way it is. But i guess this will forever be a carebear server and pvp will never be a thing. Since its aiming at playing with friends. Which is totally fine .
I really wanna see that level 20 knight GS kill.

I don't hit 150 everytime... I don't understand where you got that from, and yes... I'd love to see a level 20 knight kill a GS...

giphy.gif

Real PvE challenge here, some good oldschool legit content.

Thank you to everyone for their posts. Things seem to be going well, and there is a great group of RPG players making there way through quests and puzzles.
Things are being fine tuned as we progress, so for updates and latest information, please check our news page here:

Peora - OpenTibia

If you enjoy low rate, relaxed RPG focused old school tibia, we look forward to your visit! Thanks again to all who even just stopped by even just to provide advice, it is appreciated.

Evan

And this is far from what tibia was. Most of the monster you have makes double hit and makes playing a sorc even more unenjoyable.

Old monsters used to throw brutal combos at you. I think that was nerfed in a later patch (version 8-9 or something).

8.0 monsters were nerfed to only use 1 attack per turn.

Im giving this a shot now, i didnt realise this thread!

hi evan
hi russian
hi peonso

Jamal here

anyone else from old guilcera is here?

Im giving this a shot now, i didnt realise this thread!

hi evan
hi russian
hi peonso

Jamal here

anyone else from old guilcera is here?
I'm online right now, activity has been low, but the map is fun to play even when you are solo online, I prefer to group hunt though.

Status
Not open for further replies.