• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[JAPAN] [7.6] PEORA - SINCE JULY 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jamal here, long time no see...

I really admire the work you guys doing with this server :*.

Ahh, I remember when me and fox used dfs and picked every single sqm of that area o_O

Server is located in Japan, but if you use proxy then ping is rly good. I myself live in Europe and use pingzapper to play, no problems. Since game is free 4$ for a proxy is not a big deal. Enjoy!35541

4$ proxy hmmm not good, not good at all. No proxy can fix this kind of lag.

@elexer I have no clue what I'm talking about and this is just an anecdote, but I don't think distance is the only thing that counts. Me and my friend play on German servers from Sweden and Norway respectively and he gets like 50% higher latency, but the distance between the countries are negligible. If you have better routing to Japan you might get a lot better latency.

@elexer I have no clue what I'm talking about and this is just an anecdote, but I don't think distance is the only thing that counts. Me and my friend play on German servers from Sweden and Norway respectively and he gets like 50% higher latency, but the distance between the countries are negligible. If you have better routing to Japan you might get a lot better latency.
I hear what you are saying. Distance is not everything, but when we are talking about half way around the world. >
MAXIMUM DISTANCE BETWEEN TWO PLACES ON EARTH
If you choose the shortest route, the maximum distance between two locations will never be more than halfway around the planet. Halfway around Earth is about 20,000 km.

Considering that Ping goes to a destination and then back again, the packet sent by Ping would travel 40,000 km, the equivalent of a trip around Earth.

That is 133 milliseconds.

Thank you all for the postings; there have been updates so please look at the homepage to see latest news.

If you have lag issues, please use try free trial pingzapper, many people have used it from all over with good results; we currently have players from Russia, Europe and South America who can play well.

For anyone who likes puzzle RPG type servers, we hope you will join and enjoy!

Evan

Hopefully coming back next month, have a new laptop now so hopefully will run a little smoother. Made a sorcerer the other day having great fun leveling him!
P.s I lost all my map files from my old laptop so if anyone wants to send some to me that would be nice :)

Any new players who need stuff/guidance feel free to message Chrys Anthemum / More Runes / Even More Runes

I am glad that people are still continuing to enjoy our RPG and puzzle focused map. There have been a few changes; the website is now at Peora - OpenTibia (Peora - OpenTibia (http://peora.org/)) and there is a new map, reflecting the updates:

fFx6Dg7.png

Many other things have changed; please visit the website for more information, and good luck in quests!

Evan

What vocation is the best to solve these riddles? Mage / Knight ?

I just pinged to peora.org and am having a 450 ping... unlucky.. Also with a VPN with connection to Hong Kong or USA.Is there a chance that you move the server someday to another country ?

Last edited:
What vocation is the best to solve these riddles? Mage / Knight ?

I just pinged to peora.org and am having a 450 ping... unlucky.. Also with a VPN with connection to Hong Kong or USA.Is there a chance that you move the server someday to another country ?

I would suggest knight/pally for sure. You are super vulnerable as a mage especially before lvl 100. As for the lag I would actually try it, my ping is only high in the evening so I do easier things then. Remember is pretty much pve so you don't really need to worry about someone coming to ok you

Status
Not open for further replies.