• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Language in Advertising Board

Fargo

Alright Mapper
Solutions
Reaction score
I have constantly found decent OT in the Advertisement board but they're main language for the entire OT is in another language I have no idea about. I was hoping it could be a rule in the advertisement board stating that the poster needs to say what the main language of the OT is. I do know it can be confused as posting the entire thread in any language other than English, breaking rule 7. I was just hoping that this could be implemented..

Seems pointless,
I don't like.
Because English is the main language, but they can make it able to create advertisement THREAD by another language instead of English.

So basically, your suggestion is that we add a mandatory field called "Main Server Language" which would indicate what is the main spoken/written language in the server, is that correct?

if it is what I said, then it isn't
The advertisement thread can be in English, but the server itself might be say Spanish, and that's what he's asking about, at least that's what I think

Oh,well then he can just use google translator to translate the site or whatever for him.

You don't seem to understand, what I think he means is that if the server is Polish it's most likely that 90% of the players speak Polish, therefore the thread creator should state in the title/thread what language which is most spoken in the server, am I right? This seems as a bad suggestion to me if this is what you mean, mainly because there are lots of servers where there are 33% br, 33% pl & 33% swe. But, maybe it could be optional to add what country flag the server has on Otservlist? It would somehow say what nationality the server have, so it might not be such a bad suggestion...

Scarlet and Pandarohoo get what I'm saying.. Also I join a "USA server" its typically in Spanish or Polish..

Well, I think that it's something that is doable, I'll bring it up to the higher ups and see what they think :)

Signed, if the site is in a native language rather than English then most likely 90% of players will be speaking their native language and not English, although the advertising thread is in English.

not good, the country the server is hosted is important so people know if they'll have a good connection or not

it would make the title too big, we'll just have it be a mandatory info in the thread

Back