• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

LEARN SPELLS PROBLEM

Blasphemy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just as title says... the problem is that if I'm paladin and I go to buy a mage spell, he accept in selling it to me, taking the money and giving positive message of spell learnt.... I think that learnspell function isn't calling vocation right... anyone can help me? maybe it isn't "getPlayerVocation"
I'm using OTX

This is the learn spell function on modules.lua

Code:
    function StdModule.learnSpell(cid, message, keywords, parameters, node)
        local npcHandler = parameters.npcHandler
        if(npcHandler == nil) then
            print('[Warning - ' .. getCreatureName(getNpcId()) .. '] NpcSystem:', 'StdModule.learnSpell - Call without any npcHandler instance.')
            return false
        end

if(not npcHandler:isFocused(cid)) then
            return false
        end

if(isPremium(cid) or not(parameters.premium)) then
            if(getPlayerLearnedInstantSpell(cid, parameters.spellName)) then
                npcHandler:say('You already know this spell.', cid)
            elseif(getPlayerMagLevel(cid) < parameters.magiclevel) then
                npcHandler:say('You need to obtain magic level of ' .. parameters.magiclevel .. ' or higher to be able to learn ' .. parameters.spellName .. '.', cid)
            elseif(getPlayerLevel(cid) < parameters.level) then
                npcHandler:say('You need to obtain a level of ' .. parameters.level .. ' or higher to be able to learn ' .. parameters.spellName .. '.', cid)
            elseif(getPlayerVocation(cid) == parameters.vocation) then
                npcHandler:say('This spell is not for your vocation', cid)
            elseif(not doPlayerRemoveMoney(cid, parameters.price)) then
                npcHandler:say('You do not have enough money, this spell costs ' .. parameters.price .. ' gold coins.', cid)
            else
                npcHandler:say('You have learned ' .. parameters.spellName .. '.', cid)
                playerLearnInstantSpell(cid, parameters.spellName)
            end
        else
            npcHandler:say('You need a premium account in order to buy ' .. parameters.spellName .. '.', cid)
        end

npcHandler:resetNpc(cid)
        return true
    end
This is the node from npc.lua
Code:
local node1 = keywordHandler:addKeyword({'find person'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'Would you like to learn find person for free?'})
node1:addChildKeyword({'yes'}, StdModule.learnSpell, {npcHandler = npcHandler, premium = false, spellName = 'find person',vocation = 1, price = 0, level = 1, magiclevel = 0})
node1:addChildKeyword({'no'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'Cant you handle the power of the spell?', reset = true})
Post automatically merged:

Solved, changing this line:
Code:
elseif(getPlayerVocation(cid) == parameters.vocation) then
for this:
Code:
elseif(getPlayerVocation(cid) ~= parameters.vocation) and (getPlayerVocation(cid) ~= parameters.vocation+4) then

but the next trouble is to make the npc to recognize more than 1 vocation to sell... I.E: ASRAK from venore, that sells spells to both vocations (paladins and knights)
Any idea?

Last edited:
Back