• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Let's make a perfect hosting plan!

kornholi

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I'm planning onto selling hosting accounts, and I need help!

Please help me decide what should I offer, as in:
Bandwidth,
WebSpace,
Email Accounts,
MysqlDBS,
and anything else you want..?

I guess charging for this plan would be around 4$/mo, but you can help decide that too!

Some easy webpage creater for the people that aren't good in HTML/php etc.
OR you can buy a standart page with it so you only need to edit some things?

I see no reason to keep this as a sticky, perhaps in the websites subforum, but not here. It's just another discussion thread, not something everyone has to read. Unstickied, feel free to move it to websites and sticky it there.

@ontopic:
FTP user
SSH user
PHP installed
Subsubdomains (if it's going to be registeredname.yourhostingcompany.com)

I've moved it to the Websites forum.

On toppic: uhmm, a good Technical suport should be included, so they can ask questions when they have any problems and that like a period of weeks,months,years?

Tutorials/FAQ, So they don't ask all the time for help.

And like the rest all said ofcourse.

Last edited:
Everything you said, except for SSH, is on default :(, gimme some specs for it now :p (b/w, space)

Ehm, I don't see how you're going to get this working? Why not just put up xen and sell slices with own distros for the ones who want? And maybe rais the price a lil'.

Everything you said, except for SSH, is on default :(, gimme some specs for it now :p (b/w, space)

Then provide SSH with limited commands like mv, rm, cp, mkdir, ls and nano. I really prefer using SSH to move/copy around files and nano to quickly edit something than using a FTP client for that, and since not many hosting companies are providing SSH for their webhosting plans it'll make your webhosting plan a bit unique.

Back