• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Level Item Restriction

CastorFlynn

Reaction score
I would like to limit an amulet from being equipped only at level 200, however there is an event where the player's level is temporarily lowered to 150, and even when equipped the amulet does not give the attributes. Is there any way to get around this so that attributes continue to be validated on items that are already equipped?

TFS 1.3+

in my server i would go to otb, duplicate those "amulets" in the items.xml, make then able to use for lets say level 100. (but with the same attributes of the original one. then i will make the event script to check if players got this items on the inventory and replace then for the duplicated ones, also i would add DECAY time to those items so at the end of the event they just decay and transform to the original level 200 item.

like you just duplicating items with same stats, same sprite image. nobody will notice it.

I appreciate the suggestion, but that wouldn't be possible for me. Unfortunately using the same sprite for two serverIDs causes some problems.

I appreciate the suggestion, but that wouldn't be possible for me. Unfortunately using the same sprite for two serverIDs causes some problems.
add a certain storage id for when that level is there and if player has the amulet enable a condition?

remove the item level requirement, make a script on equip, that check if players is level 200 on equip, if not, return false "you have no enought level to wear this", in the same script check if player is on the "event" if it is on the event then make the script let player use the amulet above level 100 and not 200. you can add a single line on LOOK files to add the description to the amulet "only players of level 200 can equip this amulet" since you need to remove the original level requirement. doing this nobody will notice too

remove the item level requirement, make a script on equip, that check if players is level 200 on equip, if not, return false "you have no enought level to wear this", in the same script check if player is on the "event" if it is on the event then make the script let player use the amulet above level 100 and not 200. you can add a single line on LOOK files to add the description to the amulet "only players of level 200 can equip this amulet" since you need to remove the original level requirement. doing this nobody will notice too
My only concern with this approach is that people can get around the restriction, through trading / receiving the item from a quest / npc, having the item auto-equip.

Back