• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux sucks balls.

Slain

TrueHavoc.com
Reaction score
Yes thats how much I don't like Linux..I actually made a thread about it.

Hosting may be stabler but its generally 10x harder than hosting on windows..I still dont understand why these distros are built around a os that requires so much experience.

Don't post here saying linux is easy to use because you either never used windows or are just being ignorant.

lol installing files is a pain in the ass..this whole package manager system is garbage..everything you do has to be typed in a command prompt this reminds me of like old old ass version of windows. It runs better because its stripped to nothing...vista/windows 7 actually has FEATURES and with features can come bugs..

Yeah, stick to windows, the most dumbed down piece of crap ever.. xD

Windows 7 - Making the simple, even simpler.

Windows 7 - Becuase simple, is too hard.

Windows 7 - Brain not required.

Windows 7 - Because we try and think for you.

Ok I should stop, they're getting pretty bad...

lol installing files is a pain in the ass..this whole package manager system is garbage..everything you do has to be typed in a command prompt
Not really, you can download programs and execute them like on winblows, you are just talking without facts.

this reminds me of like old old ass version of windows.
???? start bar->run/search cmd... there you go your OLD-OLD-OLD-OLD winblows version on the actual one...

It runs better because its stripped to nothing...vista/windows 7 actually has FEATURES and with features can come bugs..
features? name one, and i'll tell you how to make them on Linux.

Slain now you are entering into my territory... So you have 2 OPTIONS:

1-: Use your brain. --In case you have one.
2-: Stop using Linux. --It seems to be WAY TOO MUCH for you.

Also i was once a micro$oft fan boy and i decided to test Linux, only took me 1~ day to get used to it, why is that so hard for you? ^_^

its not too much for me lmao..its a FACT that windows is 10x easier to run than linsucks..ITS more stable to host on linsucks only because the devs made it that way..if they had windows OS'es I guarantee windows users would have a much easier time..I dont host linsucks because I want too trust me..I had to.

Its hard for me because my ot of 300+ active players went offline overnight and I had to switch operating systems..its a pain in the ass when you have to download all your drivers again, compile ip changers, edit all your scripts because now there CASE SENSITIVE LOL, compile a new ot differently using this OS. I dont even think you can play most games on ubuntu compared to windows lol.

bet you feel like a big man calling someone stupid

Last edited:
its not too much for me lmao..
Yeah right... you couldn't even install a program without help, thats just lame, pff i was expecting more from you....

its a FACT that windows is 10x easier to run than linsucks..
Just because you are used to winblows, wow you're such a retarded.

ITS more stable to host on linsucks only because the devs made it that way..
Linux manage better the ram/network/cpu thats a FACT, why they should make their software work on a crappy OS when the OS is not even made for hosting.

if they had windows OS'es I guarantee windows users would have a much easier time..
Easier for windows users, harder for developers to make it stable.

I dont host linsucks because I want too trust me..I had to.
Yeah right..... whatever you say :)

lol grow up kid..look at my scripts..you wouldnt talk anymore :D

lol grow up kid..look at my scripts..you wouldnt talk anymore :D
Who's the kid? I know that it ain't Miguel, so it have to be you! ;)

Linux for pros, windows for noobs! And yes i consider myself noob when it comes to linux nothing to be ashamed of..

yes my problem is he talks about linux like it is his girlfriend thats the problem with mac users etc..

Windows IS the dummest crap ever. It's so unlogical that I can't find stuff easily (like controls on 100 places...). It's HARD to install stuff on Windows (google it, download, next next next, vs a short line of code) and hard to update (MANUAL upgrade, what the hell? Vs a even shorter line of code).

Also when you got a million applications installed you can't find squat in Windows. VS alt+f2 and write the name of the application on Linux. Windows UI looks ass, lake "place above", 3D moving windows, customazed the notification area etc. You also need to look for drivers for the hardware (what a waste right?). I've yet to experience crashes on Linux, yet to use an hour looking for the config do an application. And yet to get a virus or spyware to my computer.

Who can regret change. You used YEARS to learn Windows. Use a WEEK to learn Linux.

EDIT: I also read a study where they gave two groups with african people that never had used a computer before, first group got Windows, second got Linux (with Gnome or KDE, i don't remember) and they should figure out how they did some stuff on the system. Later the groups changed and compared. Almost all agreed that Linux was WAY more logical and understandable. That means it's a FACT that Linux is easier.

Windows IS the dummest crap ever. It's so unlogical that I can't find stuff easily (like controls on 100 places...). It's HARD to install stuff on Windows (google it, download, next next next, vs a short line of code) and hard to update (MANUAL upgrade, what the hell? Vs a even shorter line of code).

Also when you got a million applications installed you can't find squat in Windows. VS alt+f2 and write the name of the application on Linux. Windows UI looks ass, lake "place above", 3D moving windows, customazed the notification area etc. You also need to look for drivers for the hardware (what a waste right?). I've yet to experience crashes on Linux, yet to use an hour looking for the config do an application. And yet to get a virus or spyware to my computer.

Who can regret change. You used YEARS to learn Windows. Use a WEEK to learn Linux.

I cant play some games like I used to on windows (Aion)

which kinda sux, but I suppose I will give this OS a try.

I cant play some games like I used to on windows (Aion)

which kinda sux, but I suppose I will give this OS a try.

Ehh, i play over 95% of the games with a combo of WINE and Cedega. Some games even runs faster in these then with native Windows (do to Linux's supperior OpenGL performance)

To be noted, old games doesn't run in Vista and windows 7. While they work in WINE, so if you like classics you can actually run more games on Linux then Windows. There are also alot of nice free games you can play. And Tibia got a native Linux client.

Heres the main reason im frustrated with linux right now..im quoting from another site.

3. Linux forces users to be programmers

It is true, admit it. You can forget it if you don't know (or could care less) what compiling from source means, or have an inherent fear of configuring software from scratch.

Recompiling because of a hardware change is not a selling point, and God forbid you don't think that upgrading your OS every five minutes is fun and just want to get on with using your computer for the task at hand.

Ehh, i play over 95% of the games with a combo of WINE and Cedega. Some games even runs faster in these then with native Windows (do to Linux's supperior OpenGL performance)

To be noted, old games doesn't run in Vista and windows 7. While they work in WINE, so if you like classics you can actually run more games on Linux then Windows. There are also alot of nice free games you can play. And Tibia got a native Linux client.

PLUS i would like to add this article:
Why you should use OpenGL and not DirectX - Wolfire Games Blog

Heres the main reason im frustrated with linux right now..im quoting from another site.

I would say that a idiot wrote that. My mother use Linux and she can barely access the facebook chat :p. She still manange to do all the auto updates etc ubuntu provides.

Hmm, i'll precent something simelar. Windows users is forced to waste time since the operativesystem lakes the ability to do stuff in a simple manner.

but I have to take simple programs and compile them through the terminal :/

or use WINE which is funny its like a windows emulator lol

no vent for linux is a real kick in the nuts for me too :(
well i got vent workin but no mic.

but I have to take simple programs and compile them through the terminal :/
No, you use the package system...

or use WINE which is funny its like a windows emulator lol
Wine Is Not an Emulator

no vent for linux is a real kick in the nuts for me too :(
well i got vent workin but no mic.
Ventrilo works in Wine, and there is a open source project for it too (don't remember what it was called tho)

Back