• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux/Windows

Pietia

Reaction score
I have got a small question:
how much i can handle ppl on tfs on linux ubuntu 100 Mbps Pentium Dual E2180 2x 2.00+ GHz 2 gb ram map 70 mb,
and how much i can handle on windows home 2003 server on same parameters as up.
also why i can't use lampp on linux ?

I guess you can handle around 200-250 players with Linux. I don't know about Windows but I recommend you to use Linux. If you're using Ubuntu you should install the webserver stuff using:
apt-get install apache2 php5 mysql-server-5.0 php5-mysql libapache2-mod-php5

It was mysql-server-5.0, edited my post.

why only 200- 250 ? 100 % usage of cpu or what ?
edit : i have doned it not using lampp but i have a problem what when i want hide for exacly folder config in acc manager ? on windows u can simply copy this .htaccess and in this file write deny from all

Last edited:
Remember if your going to install apache2 it comes with httacces disabled (about 1 hour for me to discover it when i installed apache2 XD) to enable go to "/etc/apache2/sites-enabled" open the only file on the folder with a text editor and change (if you don't have any custom installation)
Code:
	<Directory /var/www/>
		Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
		AllowOverride None
		Order allow,deny
		allow from all
	</Directory>
to
Code:
	<Directory /var/www/>
		Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
		AllowOverride All
		Order allow,deny
		allow from all
	</Directory>
If you don't see the htaccess files on your web page folder just click ctrl+h on the browsing folder

Also i don't recommend you to use lampp it's better the way talatauren said... P.S. 0.385 sec to charge phpsys info on linux, With windows xp profesional x64 5+ secs to load (I tested it) so i highly recommend you to use Linux too :p

here a ss of the phpsysinfo time on linux
http://i35.tinypic.com/2nia0wp.png

@Down read my edited post and follow the steps :p

Last edited:
Also remember if your going to install apache2 it comes with httacces disabled (about 1 hour for me to discover it when i installed it XD) to enable go to "/etc/apache2/sites-enabled" open the only file with a text editor and change
Code:
<Directory />
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Satisfy all
</Directory>
to
Code:
<Directory />
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride All
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Satisfy all
</Directory>
If you don't see the htaccess files just click ctrl+h on the browsing folder

Also i don't recommend you to use lampp it's better the way talatauren said... P.S. 0.385 sec to charge phpsys info on linux, With windows xp profesional x64 5+ secs to load (I tested it) so i highly recommend you to use Linux too :p

Also here a ss of the phpsysinfo time on linux
http://i35.tinypic.com/2nia0wp.png
well i don't really understand u :S u say that if i will do it what u have write it will work htacces ?

Ye because apache2 comes with httacces disabled... Or at least for me the httacces came disabled...

EDIT: You can pm me if you have any question.

Last edited:
ok thanks u have a problem with editing news in gensior acc manager?

ok thanks u have a problem with editing news in gensior acc manager?

Wich type of problem?

If you see broken images you have to type exactly the name/directory path of the image....

Example if on the script/layout you have img="Darkwarrior/edit.jpg" and on the web page folder the folder Darkwarrior is named DarkWarrior you have to edit it to Darkwarrior and probb the edit.jpg on linux will be named edit.JPG with capital letter so you have to edit it to edit.jpg....

Wich type of problem?

If you see broken images you have to type exactly the name/directory path of the image....

Example if on the script/layout you have img="Darkwarrior/edit.jpg" and on the web page folder the folder Darkwarrior is named DarkWarrior you have to edit it to Darkwarrior and probb the edit.jpg on linux will be named edit.JPG with capital letter so you have to edit it to edit.jpg....

fixed what about ip changer ? i can't find anyone who work for tibia 8.31...

lol u can add some1 to vip list or just msg to him ?:pi just can't use left click of mouse wtf ?

Ya, I've got the same problem for some reason, but it doesn't matter what IP changer I use.

roftl u have used old tibia version and the same problem was there?
edit : u guys know anything about ventrilo for linux ? is there any ?

Of course there is, most of servers are for linux rather than windows.
And right-click issue of client on any nix is known.

Anyway, your server won't handle alot of players if you won't set enough space for swap, since ~70MB map takes 1,6GB of RAM + you have to count services like mysql and apache, which can take up to 800MB with proper configuration (although you can leave a weak configuration, but then fe. server saves will take longer).

My friend bought the same server as yours (kimsufi 2xl) to run a high-rate cip'map server, and after I've configured it, swap usage was about 1gb, whats ALOT.

i have read the ubuntu how to install and there was written "swap max 512 mb " so great -,- so how can i change the swap size ?

i have read the ubuntu how to install and there was written "swap max 512 mb " so great -,- so how can i change the swap size ?

If you have a vnc access (desktop), then you can easily change that with partition manager. For cli there are also some methods, but less known to me.

Some people say its enough to set 512mb, but I rather prefer the other theory- RAM * 2 (512mb = 1gb swap, 1gb = 2gb swap), not huger than 2gb.

:>ok i know where is it but well how to create a partition from free space from the disk ?o.o
i have installed ventrilo by wine but how to install codec ?because it's says it's missing gsm 6.10 or somthing like that.

Last edited:
Why did you install Ventrilo thru wine? o_O Use the Linux version instead.

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw that it's still in development.

EDIT2: Why not use Teamspeak instead?

Back