• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Looking to buy a tablet...

imkingran

Learning everyday.
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello OTland Community,

I've been researching hard on tablets preparing to buy my first one.
What I plan to use it for is to study for school: watch videos, take notes, use certain question bank apps.

I'm confused on which tablet I should get. There are pros and cons to different ones but since the Windows store doesn't have the question bank App I plan to study from I think I'll be going with an Ipad. However, I really like the Windows Surface interface and multi-tasking potential. ( I could watch a video and take notes on it at the same time). There are also Android tablets but for some reason I've been focused on Apple or Windows.

What I wanted to ask you guys was:
1. What kind of tablet do you have? (if you have one)
2. What do you use it for mainly?
3. Would you recommend it to a friend?

Thanks for sharing your experience with tablets I hope it will help me come to a decision on my own.

I ended up buying an Ipad Air from Ebay, it was 25% off at 32gb.

The main reason why I chose the Ipad over the surface was because the windows store didn't have the USMLE World question bank app which I plan to use for studying. Also the price of the Surface Pro (which can run the app) was close to $1000.

I really wanted the Surface Pro though, just was out of my budget. :(

Back