• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team Looking to create a team for RPG style server. Ver. 10.77 TFS 1.1

Jfrye

Mapper, trying to learn scripting
Solutions
Reaction score
These are not paid positions, as I am not able to do so at this time. Discussions about compensation are welcome for when the server is complete.

As the title says, I am looking to put a team together for a long term project. I am currently the only person on this project, and have been for a couple years. With that being said, I dont have a lot of mapping work done. I work 45 hours a week with an hour drive each way, so I dont get to spend a whole lot of time on it.

I have been wanting to make my own ot server for quite a few years. I have had a couple servers over the years, but they were mainly just put online so me and some friends could get online and mess around.

Server details
  • Version 10.77
  • TFS 1.1
  • Low rate (1-3x experience)
  • Rookgaard

Current positions
  • Mapper - Me - Hoping for a couple others to join
  • Scripter - None - At least 1 for now to help make scripts as the map is made
  • Storywriter - None - At least 1 for now to help give ideas for quests or towns and the background stories tied to them

I am trying to find fellow members who would want to take part in this project when they have free time. Seeing how I dont have hours upon hours to put into this project, I wouldnt expect others to put more time into it than I do.

Just to add, a little about me. Im 29, from Central USA. I am typically gone for work about 55 hours a week. I have been around Tibia since 1999/2000 when my cousin first introduced me to the game. As you can see, I have been around this site lurking and watching for 9 years, and was on another site for a year or two before that. I mainly focus my time on Mapping, and have basic knowledge in php. I have done most of the work on my website, but have also gotten help from a couple members on here in regards to the website. My knowledge of lua is limited, and my storywriting abilities is very limited by my imagination.

If any of this sounds the least bit interesting to you, please feel free to send me a message on here, or add me on discord, jfrye2007 #3893

Also, if it hasnt been seen, here is a link to my mapping thread on here.
Jfrye's Mapping Pieces

EDIT : I wanted to say, that with the new of more merges in Real Tibia, I will be getting screwed, so I am wanting to put a bigger push on this project to get it done.

These are not paid positions, as I am not able to do so at this time. Discussions about compensation are welcome for when the server is complete.

As the title says, I am looking to put a team together for a long term project. I am currently the only person on this project, and have been for a couple years. With that being said, I dont have a lot of mapping work done. I work 45 hours a week with an hour drive each way, so I dont get to spend a whole lot of time on it.

I have been wanting to make my own ot server for quite a few years. I have had a couple servers over the years, but they were mainly just put online so me and some friends could get online and mess around.

Server details
  • Version 10.77
  • TFS 1.1
  • Low rate (1-3x experience)
  • Rookgaard

Current positions
  • Mapper - Me - Hoping for a couple others to join
  • Scripter - None - At least 1 for now to help make scripts as the map is made
  • Storywriter - None - At least 1 for now to help give ideas for quests or towns and the background stories tied to them

I am trying to find fellow members who would want to take part in this project when they have free time. Seeing how I dont have hours upon hours to put into this project, I wouldnt expect others to put more time into it than I do.

Just to add, a little about me. Im 29, from Central USA. I am typically gone for work about 55 hours a week. I have been around Tibia since 1999/2000 when my cousin first introduced me to the game. As you can see, I have been around this site lurking and watching for 9 years, and was on another site for a year or two before that. I mainly focus my time on Mapping, and have basic knowledge in php. I have done most of the work on my website, but have also gotten help from a couple members on here in regards to the website. My knowledge of lua is limited, and my storywriting abilities is very limited by my imagination.

If any of this sounds the least bit interesting to you, please feel free to send me a message on here, or add me on discord, jfrye2007 #3893

Also, if it hasnt been seen, here is a link to my mapping thread on here.
Jfrye's Mapping Pieces

EDIT : I wanted to say, that with the new of more merges in Real Tibia, I will be getting screwed, so I am wanting to put a bigger push on this project to get it done.

Hi Jfrye,

I would be interested in getting involved in this project, provided you think that I could be of some use. Just to give you a little background...

I am an electronics and electrical engineering student, graduating this year with a bachelors. I have pretty much no experience in creating an OT, but similar to what you said in your post, have been interested in doing so for a number of years.

I've been playing on and off tibia for a number of years, starting back in about 2008 I think. I have experience programming in C and working with micro controllers e.g. programming an arduino (although usually directly to the chip without using the breakout board).

I think some of my experience could be relevant and if not I'd consider doing some of the story if you would agree to help me getting into the other parts alongside.

Not sure how much of an issue it would be but I live in the U.K. (United Kingdom), so if your on central time CST, I think you'll be about 6 hours behind me.

Anyways, I'm not bothered about getting paid, more interested in this as a general hobby since I've always wanted to dip my toe.

Hope you find the time to get back to me ;) I'll try to check back to OTland every week or few days

~Sean

Back