• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

LOOKING4RPG

well you talk with npcs and do stuff you know and he wanted OTS.
you dont even need to read any npc line you can just skip npc dialogues and mindlessly follow the quest lines guides on the map (like the circles etc), I don't consider that RPG but I see ur point.

Ravendawn is more similar to other big mmorpgs like final fantasy, world of warcraft, etc than Tibia, although it is similar in Tibia in the hunting mechanic (people doing "boxes" of mobs and hunting all day like that like in Tibia). It can be fun because there are many different things you can do, like you could "roleplay" as a pirate with your ship tryign to sink other ships that have valuables with them (tradepacks or fish) and have that as a legit money-making method, which is cool. But overall I feel the game is pretty grindy and repetitive even considering there are many different activities you can do.

I've played it intensely for first 2 months but quickly got bored of it, in the beginning due to the initial rush I was addicted to the crafting mechanic + economy which allowed me to make lots of money and xp with little effort (just by having a good excel sheet and being good at math and working the market), however after some time it got boring as you will quickly fall behind the competition if you don't hardcore play for many hours a day.

I feel the game is too "hardcore"-driven, as if you NEED to play hardcore for many hours else you just fall too far behind and its hard to make money with crafting etc.

you dont even need to read any npc line you can just skip npc dialogues and mindlessly follow the quest lines guides on the map (like the circles etc), I don't consider that RPG but I see ur point.

Ravendawn is more similar to other big mmorpgs like final fantasy, world of warcraft, etc than Tibia, although it is similar in Tibia in the hunting mechanic (people doing "boxes" of mobs and hunting all day like that like in Tibia). It can be fun because there are many different things you can do, like you could "roleplay" as a pirate with your ship tryign to sink other ships that have valuables with them (tradepacks or fish) and have that as a legit money-making method, which is cool. But overall I feel the game is pretty grindy and repetitive even considering there are many different activities you can do.

I've played it intensely for first 2 months but quickly got bored of it, in the beginning due to the initial rush I was addicted to the crafting mechanic + economy which allowed me to make lots of money and xp with little effort (just by having a good excel sheet and being good at math and working the market), however after some time it got boring as you will quickly fall behind the competition if you don't hardcore play for many hours a day.

I feel the game is too "hardcore"-driven, as if you NEED to play hardcore for many hours else you just fall too far behind and its hard to make money with crafting etc.
well that is Tibia and actually you mean high profile botters who pay thousands for solid private cheats

why do you consider RAvendawn RPg, its jsut pure grind grind grind
It can be, but grind is optional. If you have like 2h a day you can will get ~400k exp from farm, ~300k from crafting and only 100-200k from mobs.

How is ravendawn so far?
Hard to say, but it still online, regular updates are added and still thousands of characters make daily tasks.

True. The initial race even now has a huge impact on the game.
Currently, farming and crafting is practically changing silvers into exp.

To make money you can:
  • analyze the market and use excel tables, but constantly updating prices is boring,
  • you can run with tradepacks which is also very boring,
  • you can fish which is boring and doesn't bring you any profit at the beginning
(supposedly later it brings a good profit, but I don't know if anyone has reached that stage)
  • you can breed moa, but there is still a serious unfixed bug related to them,
  • you can gathering resources in the mines, this is a very good option, unfortunately, often most mines are occupied and if your aren't alone you won't earn much
  • well, and finally at mid-level you can grind and earn by selling mats from mobs at the marketplace

well you talk with npcs and do stuff you know and he wanted OTS.
Well, the author asked about OTS, so maybe Ravendawn is too heavily modified to be called OTS - then maybe Medivia or Ranger's Arcani?

The question is slightly annoying, because there are a lot of RPG servers out there.
Also a decent amount with some players, but 500+ not that much.
Which also makes it actually another category which we call mmorpg.

If you care about a lot of people in the server and still the RPG elements, there are not much servers around sadly.
And those that do exist... Well you should know them by now.

True. The initial race even now has a huge impact on the game.
Currently, farming and crafting is practically changing silvers into exp.

To make money you can:
  • analyze the market and use excel tables, but constantly updating prices is boring,
  • you can run with tradepacks which is also very boring,
  • you can fish which is boring and doesn't bring you any profit at the beginning
(supposedly later it brings a good profit, but I don't know if anyone has reached that stage)
  • you can breed moa, but there is still a serious unfixed bug related to them,
  • you can gathering resources in the mines, this is a very good option, unfortunately, often most mines are occupied and if your aren't alone you won't earn much
  • well, and finally at mid-level you can grind and earn by selling mats from mobs at the marketplace
The problem with crafting and moa breeding is that if you are not on the top of the pyramid (the highest level crafters or moa breeders) you will struggle a lot to make profit or you will waste in order to get XP like you said. So it became almost like a pyramid scheme where only those at the top benefit from being able to profit which means they also get free XP and level up even faster than those that started later or just didn't invest enough time during the initial rush and now are far behind and therefore have a very hard time to profit while crafting.

I got addicted to the game because I was in the top of the pyramid of weaving in serafine for like the first week (I was one of the first to start crafting T3 shit and so on and so forth) and made so much money, literally the only mechanism that would stop me was oversupply which I was at like >200% oversupply and still profiting lol. But then I would have to stop crafting for some time else it would become an oversupply snowball forever (got up to >400% or 500% I think). However I had to stop hardcore playing for like 2-3 days and that was enough for me to just fall completely behind the competition and even though I was still profiting it just made me lose some motivation.

But like capitalism this crafting / moa breeding economy really fucks up the beginner that wants to level up, it is simply way more cheaper to just buy the equipments / moas ready from market from the top of pyramid guys. So in the end only those who have enough cash to invest or who are willing to grind a lot of hours per day to make money will be able to climb the craft/moa ladder, and still they will NEVER reach the hardcore crafters/breeders because they will always be behind.
Post automatically merged:

that's what they call rpg nowadays 😁 basically anything unrelated to pvp is considered rpg

btw r u THE bloodbringer? if so, share us a story plx
Also sorry to disappoint I am not the real one, just another fan who decided to use this fun name :) Good old times in Trimera.

Last edited:
Back