• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Magical tutorial on how to fix any error

Merrok

Magic Tomato
Solutions
Reaction score
Below you will find an instruction on how to fix 99% of the issues and errors posted on this forum.
Not even clickbait. And not even a video. I might have misunderstood the concept of clickbait...

During all those steps, 2 important key elements should always be kept in mind: Keep calm and use your brain.

Step 1: Actually read the error

Reading goes a long way. In most cases the error tells you what's wrong. Just freaking out because it says "error" or even only "warning" isn't going to help you.
Errors are a huge part of IT. They are going to annoy the shit out of you and drive you crazy. That's normal. No reason to cry for help right away.

Step 2: Read the error again
Most of the times it helps reading it again. Sometimes it shows you something you might have missed the first time.
And sometimes it even tells you how to fix it ;)

Step 3: Use a search engine of your choice
Even many OT specific errors can be googled. And most questions I see on here aren't even OT specific.
If you had the problem, the chance is high some other guy had the problem before and either someone helped him or he told the internet how he fixed it.
So, learn how to use a search engine, how to use keywords and just google before you ask the same question for the 100th time.

Step 4: Use your brain
Use the information you gathered and your brain to figure it out. That's basically all it is and the whole job...

Steps 5-X: Google, Figure it out, Google, Figure it out
Figuring it out with googling and try and error and most important logical thinking is just a huge part of IT.
You'll learn as you go along. Always asking and letting other people do the work isn't gonna help you or your OT.

Step X: Ask on Otland, Stackoverflow or wherever
Now that you tried everything and are well informed on your error and skills, you may ask on a forum of your choice.
Just to figure out, that all you forgot (again) was to give read permissions to the right user 🤦‍♂️😭

And honestly, if you wanna make it in IT or the OT Community, but you are not willing to learn how to handle simple compiling errors, bash (or Linux in general), MySQL, or a webserver, you might as well **** off...

I think this is my best tutorial yet. And it only took me 2minutes, the 1000th annoying cry for help on OTLand and a bit of alcohol :)
Thanks for listening, and remember to like, subscribe and hit that bell! Wait... wrong again :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back