• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Making a Professional Server

marcelotsm

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm working on a project for a full custom 8.6 server and I had some doubts.

The first is does TFS support SQL Server or another type of database?

For example, I'm thinking about the following infrastructure for my server

AWS RDS for the database, or mysql or sqlserver.

AWS DynamoDB for the website making proxies within my private backend that updates Tibia's own DB example: (Donations, account creation, etc.)

AWS ECS to better parameterize my cluster where the server will be hosted, increasing capacity and decreasing it when not necessary, use of loudbalancers to protect the server from DDoS attacks and other benefits.

Jenkins + Docker to upload TFS when there is a commit in my base (I still haven't learned how to hotreload after TFS is open.

What do you think of this infrastructure above?

Now the questions come, if I used SQL Server or MySQL, what would that look like?
1717291174376.png

Is there any way to have hotreload on the server without having to restart the server to apply, for example, the new damage value to the weapon?

newest tfs mysql only, you could try to run it on something else but you gotta switch the driver in sources and check all queries if they are compatible since it's raw sql

Is there any way to have hotreload on the server without having to restart the server to apply, for example, the new damage value to the weapon?
talkaction (ingame command) /reload, cannot reload from outside the game currently so you just gotta restart the executable

Hey guys, I'm working on a project for a full custom 8.6 server and I had some doubts.

For example, I'm thinking about the following infrastructure for my server

AWS RDS for the database, or mysql or sqlserver.

AWS DynamoDB for the website making proxies within my private backend that updates Tibia's own DB example: (Donations, account creation, etc.)

AWS ECS to better parameterize my cluster where the server will be hosted, increasing capacity and decreasing it when not necessary, use of loudbalancers to protect the server from DDoS attacks and other benefits.

Jenkins + Docker to upload TFS when there is a commit in my base (I still haven't learned how to hotreload after TFS is open.

What do you think of this infrastructure above?

Now the questions come, if I used SQL Server or MySQL, what would that look like?
View attachment 85121

First of all leave 0.4 Tfs

There is a project to use a newer version of TFS for tibia 7.72, 8.0 or 8.60, it's called Nekiro.
You will need to fix some bugs, like the stack max of 10 creatures, but it's easy to solve. I have a response explaining how to fix that.
About MYSQL, I recommend to use MYSQL in all your project. It's already implemented on the most versions of TFS, already work, is fast, is free and is very good. To change to AWS you will need to do a big work changing all the mysql calls on the source. I think that you already know what you doing, but, if not, very small database mistakes can have great consequences and can ruin your server. I only recommend you to change that if you really know what you're doing.

Also, I recommend the open tibia client to your project.
The old and obsolete tibia client 8.60 is very slow and have a lot of problems running on AMD cards.
My RX480 can't limit the FPS of the official client, the options are 15 fps or max fps (160+-), any value above 15 is unlimited FPS; with a very high CPU usage.
On the Open Client I can limit the FPS to any value or run with 900+ FPS (yet, 900+).
The open client also includes a bot.

Last edited:
Im a bit confused, how could you already work for a project realted to 8.6 custom server & be unaware if theres sql database connection.
I'd suggest going here:

Basic (https://otland.net/forums/basic.479/)

Learning a bit of a theory, then, download (pretty much any 1.x + TFS) and try to set it up. Play with it. Avoid old, outdated 0.3.6 / 0.4.

1. There used to be "XML" servers ages ago which were not using any database connection. We've resgined on them & moved on with mysql/sqlite. Unless you find a 15 year old engine for your server you'll be able to establish a database and connect it with your server.

2. Now TFSs do support MySql, not sure if sqlite is still supported as ive never used it.

3. You may be experienced programmer but I wouldn't recommend changing the connection from the MySql. At least not as the first thing to do. MySql isn't perfect but it goes well with TFS & lots of proffesional servers do use Mysql

4. For Anty-DDoS you'd need to check if the hosting place you think of offers any serious/good anty ddos solutions. Quite often hosting companies offer anty ddos. If they do not, you may look after third party companies that offer anty ddos. This is much better and usually much more reliable than making it on your own with own ways.

5. You can log-in to the game on GameMaster character and reload some scripts without restarting the server but this wouldn't work on everything. You could also make an event that reloads scripts every, for example, 6 or 12 hours so that you don't have to log in & so that scripts are reloaded, eventually.

6. Howerver, I'd highly recommend to use reload after the script testing in your development environment. Never do any reloads when you got players online & script/change is untested.

7. as the person above said - get familiar wtih OTClient.

Back