• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Spell Mana Rune

Zoriax_

Owner|Antarctica Ots
Reaction score
LUA

PHP:
local combat = createCombatObject()
setCombatParam(combat, COMBAT_PARAM_EFFECT, CONST_ME_MAGIC_GREEN)
setCombatParam(combat, COMBAT_PARAM_TARGETCASTERORTOPMOST, 1)
setCombatParam(combat, COMBAT_PARAM_AGGRESSIVE, 0)

function onCastSpell(cid, var)
doPlayerAddMana(cid, 550) 
return doCombat(cid, combat, var)
end

In Spells
<rune name="manarune" id="2298" charges="20" maglv="1" exhaustion="430" blocktype="solid" allowfaruse="1" aggressive="0" script="custom/manarune.lua"/>

lol there are so many manarunes why you post a basic one ...

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Mostly considering there is a very similar "basic manarune" thread like 4 threads below this one.

If someone wants to release a mana rune script, then release an "advanced" one, like those where the amount of mana obtained depends on your lvl and magic lvl, and you can asign the respective multipliers, etc. I.e: http://otfans.net/showthread.php?t=62084

Otherwise it is just a simple copy/paste as Mikuch stated.

And dont just "paste" the script and leave, explain a bit what the parameters do so newbies can understand whats going on and learn.

Its ok that you want to help (IF thats really the reason), but as I said, there are already similar threads not so far from this one, so there's really not much of a point on making a new one, you could just bump the other guy's thread.. unless you're just doing it for the rep? :huh:

Also, http://otland.net/f132/need-manarune-8-4-a-24636/#post247962
Exact same plx? You could've given credits as well.

Cheers~

Last edited:
PHP:
local combat = createCombatObject() 
setCombatParam(combat, COMBAT_PARAM_EFFECT, CONST_ME_MAGIC_GREEN) 
setCombatParam(combat, COMBAT_PARAM_TARGETCASTERORTOPMOST, 1) 
setCombatParam(combat, COMBAT_PARAM_AGGRESSIVE, 0) 

function onCastSpell(cid, var) 
if getPlayerLevel(cid) >= 200 then
doPlayerAddMana(cid, 2600)
doPlayerSetLossPercent(cid, Level, 1)
doCreatureSay(cid, Ahhhhh..., 13)
else
doPlayerSendCancel (cid,"You are not allowed to use this mighty rune")
return doCombat(cid, combat, var) 
end

<rune name="manarune" id="2298" charges="1" maglv="90" exhaustion="430" blocktype="solid" allowfaruse="1" aggressive="0" script="custom/manarune.lua"/>
Much better is mine, it loooses some perceont by using it / perfect for some war servers \

I post it Cuz Mayby Some People Will need it:)

I understand, but as I said in my post, you could (should) have posted on your main post the corresponding credits aswell.

Example: http://otland.net/f132/need-manarune-8-4-a-24636/#post247962 Who knows maybe someone posted that script before that guy, the point is, the chances that you made it exactly like him with the same exact amount of mana given and made entirely by "you" are very, very minimal :thumbup:

You can receive rep for making the thread for those who cant find it anywhere else, no problem. Thats one of the purposes of this forum, to help. But, give credits for those who deserve them. Otherwise you're receiving (or hoping to receive) reputation for a work thats not entirely yours.

Also, you should specify the TFS version this is for. For the latest TFS you should use:

Code:
doCreatureAddMana(cid, mana)

Instead of

Code:
doPlayerAddMana(cid, mana)

Cheers~

Last edited:
omg all my manarunes have no exhaust and when i set the exhaust to like 1500 it uses fast

<.< Bug free or not bug free. Here is a 100 % working mana rune.. Be happy!!!

Back