• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Map Editor] Importing NPCs/Monsters

Zysen

=)
Reaction score
Hi guys. I've seen loads of threads with question : "How do I import NPCs/monsters in map editor?"
So I decided to make this thread.
In this thread I'll explain you how to import NPCs or monsters from your server files to map editor. :eek:
It's quite easy,but for beginners,I'll post some screenshots.

1.Opening Map Editor

When you have installed your Map Editor,you should have an desktop shortcut.In this case I'll use RME [Remere's Map Editor].
You should click on the desktop shortcut that looks like this :
socialgroupicon_2_1231475183.gif
Voila,your map editor is opened. Now you should go : FILE -> IMPORT -> IMPORT MONSTERS/NPCS and then select your server folder and go to DATA -> NPCs or DATA/MONSTERS and select an NPCs [XML files] that you need or just follow the pictures :

UAiJl.png

All the best,
Zysen.

Well everybody know how to do it. But very nice tutorial. Added to my useful mapping links thread ;)

BTW, wrong section. It goes to mapping-tutorials ;)

Yeah,but Fresh~ there's some beginners etc.,and they don't know how to do it,so I made the tutorial for them :)
thank you :3

Edit : Yea,saw it now,i posted it to basic,but it needs to go to mapping tutorials. Will talk to a board moderator :3

Last edited:
No intentions of trolling but there aren't there several tutorials on this already?

It all works but when i map it , At my server it stand that :
[21/10/2011 03:14:43] [Spawn::addMonster] Cannot find "Butterfly"
[21/10/2011 03:14:43] [Spawn::addMonster] Cannot find "Evil Butterfly"

(Evil Butterfly are my Custom monster..)

Who can help me ?
I will give Rep+ :)

I cannot place npc's in that way i dont know how to place my npc's plz help I exactly do that
It's really frustrating me

Back