• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Mapping] Mountain Tutorial (Very Detailed)

Neon

Legendary OT User
Reaction score
Welcome to my new tutorial I made to help you! :thumbup:

Ok, lets start then?

Structure:
First thing you need to do is the "Form" (Structure), on the mountain.
And "What the mountain will be used for. Like "Wolf Mountain, or just for Making map cool.

I got a Example for you here:
mountaintutorial1lf6.jpg

A example of a Form (Structure) to a mountain, now lets go to the details, the most funny thing! :thumbup:

Details:
Well, when adding the details make sure the mountain isn't overspammed with stones, so the players can walk.
And don't make the mountain WAY to big, or WAY to small!

Well, here is my details for the mountain:
mountaintutorial2gy1.jpg

Example of some details for a mountain.

Ok, that was the basic part of the mountain tutorial, now lets go to the other things you maybe need to know when making the mountain, 1 of them is the "Ramp". On many maps iv'e noticed that when the mapper makes a mountain, he/she make 2 or 3 ramps right next to eachother.

I got 2 Examples for the borders to the Ramp:
mountaintutorial3xv6.png
mountaintutorial4zb3.jpg

2 Examples of the "Ramp Borders" you can use.

Now, lets go to the Details around the mountain.
1st thing to think about is try not making it to Spammed, like i said before.
This Details makes the mountain look more "Fallen" or that some stones has fallen from the cliffs.

I got 1 Example for you here:
mountaintutorial5nk2.jpg

Example of details around the mountain, makes it look more "Realistic".

Now, the grounds for the details!
I mean, don't think the mountain doesn't got some hard grounds under it? Yes it does.

I got 1 example for you here:
mountaintutorial6ik0.png

Details around the mountain "Grounds" example.

Well, that was it boys and girls, hope it helped someone.
Mountain Tutorial, Made by, Neon!

And you know, if it helped you, there is always a "Rep Button" :D just kidding :thumbup:
Peace!

Last edited:
Nice one :D
I really like your work.... and somehow the personality you put in your stuff... and the helping guy somewhere inside of u that notice noobs and helps em out! :p (this is a metafore) :D

:O the new MMB is here!!!!!

very good job my friend, that will help me to make mountains :D:D

Back