• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Mexico Host & Information.

Not hosting in Mexico, and I'm serious about that. The cost-benefit isn't worth it, you're going to be paying a lot for very little. (in specs, bandwidth & security).

I'm located in the northern side of the country and get excellent latency when playing on NA servers, especially those hosted on big cities such as Los Angeles, Dallas, or NY. If taking cost-benefit into account, I think that by far your best best is OVH (servers are located in Quebec, Canada), they offer excellent specs, extremely competitive pricing and excellent security (as in DDOS protection), and the latency from here is pretty good too.

Also, I think that this goes in the support section. Good luck with your server sir.

If you use AWS/Azure, host if somewhere in the East US region. The primary carriers in Mexico link to mostly there, so you'll get the best latency (on average) possible over there.

Meh, you get what you pay for.

For example: I got all my crap (websites, occasional test servers, and a crypto-currency bot) running in Azure, arguably in different SKUs depending on the product (i.e the bot needs to be fast processing and latency is key, so running on MSFT's backbone is best) and while I do get $150 monthly to play with for free in Azure, I pay almost $150 more... monthly.

Arguably anyone with a good job in tech can probably afford a low-tiered SKU server in these providers, which get you the backbone for free, which is arguably way better peered than any other providers.

Back