• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Modern Tibia Dat.Spr

Nemphis

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
So the Thing about the Graphics is that every item is 'bound' to a specific item ID, that represents a Picture(more or less), if you wish to use for example a giant sword twice, without making extra LUA coding you need programs to copy the giant sword into Another giant sword with the same Picture, and then in items.xml give it an item-ID.

This system is because we wanted to , in the beginning, copy the real Tibia and how every aspect of it works, and it is easier to program if you know how the end should look like.

Like me, I'd like to make an pve server that used for instance, the normal 'Sword' like 15 times to 15 different weapons. And without adding extra Graphics in dat.spr. So people could just have the 10.98 client without downloading extra files to be able to join my server.

I bet this would be plenty of work

Since all Graphics have their own ID and then the item itself have its own ID ( you can see this in map-editor, 2 different IDs(but you all know this) )

How about, in a way, inside items.xml that as an attribute or something like this you can add the graphic ID for this specific item.
This would bring out more "custom" servers to the market WITHOUT changing any Graphics at all. But then again, the structure of plenty of stuff needs to be changed.

you already can do it just duplicating the item in items.otb
it's easy. You just need to identify the internal number of the entity.
I did it that way to create alternate items for a customized upgrade system

Back