• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Monster Attack Minimum Interval (Source Editing) [OTX3]

Crevasse

惡名昭彰
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm looking for the file in the sources where the minimum monster attack interval is determined.

In newer versions of Tibia, there is a forced cooldown on all of their (monster) spells. In older versions of Tibia, there was no minimum cooldown between spells. A Minotaur Mage could stand there and stare at you for 3 seconds and do nothing, then could decide to spam you with all of its attacks twice in the span of 1 second.

Anyways, I'm working with version 7.72 but it is a downgraded version and this cooldown interval restriction was not removed in the sources. Meaning that even if I set a monster's attack to chance=100 and interval=0, it won't spam the attack. It will use it at interval=1000 still (the forced minimum)

I'm fine with fixing it and recompiling, I just don't know where it is.

Edit: I'm thinking it's this line in creature.h:
Code:
EVENT_CREATURE_THINK_INTERVAL = 1000;
Could someone confirm? I'm not sure and I don't want to screw anything up.

TL;DR -- Can someone please let me know where in the sources I can remove the minimum monster attack cooldown interval?

Thanks

Last edited:
Back