• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!
  • If you're using Gesior 2012 or MyAAC, please review this thread for information about a serious security vulnerability and a fix.

Monster type files

Levi999x

AoT
Solutions
Reaction score
It doesn't have to be 25 files lmao calm down. I don't think its better so I was just asking why.

I mean like it was hella annonying befor

U always had to open monster.xml to find out where the monster is exactly placed haha

slaw

MyAAC Creator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
slawkens
Twitch
PL_Flamaster
Wait, are we talking about monsters.xml file?

So far I know, this file is there since beginning, so I don't understand the question.

margoh

{{ user.title }}
Solutions
Reaction score
Probably he meant folders. But yeah, it's better without them. Even though we can find files by name.
1663783559031.png

OP
OP
Itutorial

Itutorial

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Wait, are we talking about monsters.xml file?

So far I know, this file is there since beginning, so I don't understand the question.
They used to be separated in additional folders. All the monsters weren't in one place.

I will say it probably makes creating code that reads monsters a lot easier to write for a website or w/e but IMO having them structured would be better. Mainly because we can use tibia wiki for monsters and see what is missing a lot easier but its not really much of a difference. Its just a lot of files in one place and it will be ever growing.

messenoire

Reaction score
They used to be separated in additional folders. All the monsters weren't in one place.

I will say it probably makes creating code that reads monsters a lot easier to write for a website or w/e but IMO having them structured would be better. Mainly because we can use tibia wiki for monsters and see what is missing a lot easier but its not really much of a difference. Its just a lot of files in one place and it will be ever growing.
No, it was annoying and I was never able to find shit. Since they were categorized by taxonomy you'd need to be a fucking biologist to know which folder contains which monsters, and since it was just filesystem path and not data in the file you couldn't even use it for something. With a flat folder you can just type the letters in explorer and enter/shell and tabtabtab and you have it. A few hundred files is not a big deal for a filesystem and collisions aren't a problem, it doesn't matter how the files are called, there's an extra attribute for monster's name ingame.

OP
OP
Itutorial

Itutorial

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
No, it was annoying and I was never able to find shit. Since they were categorized by taxonomy you'd need to be a fucking biologist to know which folder contains which monsters, and since it was just filesystem path and not data in the file you couldn't even use it for something. With a flat folder you can just type the letters in explorer and enter/shell and tabtabtab and you have it. A few hundred files is not a big deal for a filesystem and collisions aren't a problem, it doesn't matter how the files are called, there's an extra attribute for monster's name ingame.
Calm down lmao. Not that serious.