• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Monsters Doenst Pass on field?

IgoR lYCAN

Reaction score
The problem is simple:
When there is no space that the monster can walk, he pass trough the field, but when there is a space, the monster prefer to walkaround not passing the field;

A video Explaining:

XML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<monster name="Demon" nameDescription="a demon" race="fire" experience="11800" speed="310" manacost="0">
    <health now="16800" max="16800"/>
    <look type="35" corpse="5995"/>
    <targetchange interval="5000" chance="8"/>
    <strategy attack="100" defense="0"/>
    <flags>
        <flag summonable="0"/>
        <flag attackable="1"/>
        <flag hostile="1"/>
        <flag illusionable="0"/>
        <flag convinceable="0"/>
        <flag pushable="0"/>
        <flag canpushitems="1"/>
        <flag canpushcreatures="1"/>
        <flag targetdistance="1"/>
        <flag staticattack="40"/>
        <flag runonhealth="0"/>
        <flag canwalkonenergy="1" />
        <flag canwalkonfire="1" />
        <flag canwalkonpoison="1" />
    </flags>
    <attacks>
        <attack name="melee" interval="2000" skill="70" attack="160"/>
        <attack name="manadrain" interval="3000" chance="13" range="7" min="-80" max="-300"/>
        <attack name="fire" interval="2000" chance="30" range="7" radius="7" target="1" min="-560" max="-750">
            <attribute key="shootEffect" value="fire"/>
            <attribute key="areaEffect" value="firearea"/>
        </attack>
        <attack name="energy" interval="3000" chance="15" length="8" spread="0" min="-320" max="-560">
            <attribute key="areaEffect" value="energy"/>
        </attack>
    </attacks>
    <defenses armor="50" defense="55">
        <defense name="healing" interval="1000" chance="15" min="90" max="200">
            <attribute key="areaEffect" value="blueshimmer"/>
        </defense>
        <defense name="speed" interval="1000" chance="15" speedchange="200" duration="20000">
            <attribute key="areaEffect" value="redshimmer"/>
        </defense>
    </defenses>
    <elements>
        <element physicalPercent="15" />
        <element deathPercent="25" />
        <element energyPercent="20" />
        <element icePercent="-15" />
    </elements>
    <immunities>
        <immunity fire="1" />
        <immunity paralyze="1" />
        <immunity invisible="1" />
    </immunities>
    <voices interval="5000" chance="10">
        <voice sentence="MUHAHAHAHA!" yell="1"/>
        <voice sentence="I SMELL FEEEEEAAAR!" yell="1"/>
        <voice sentence="CHAMEK ATH UTHUL ARAK!" yell="1"/>
        <voice sentence="Your resistance is futile!"/>
        <voice sentence="Your soul will be mine!" yell="0"/>
    </voices>
    <loot>

<item id="2148" countmax="90" chance="28000"/><!-- gold coin -->
        <item id="2520" chance="750"/><!-- demon shield -->
        <item id="2432" chance="6000"/><!-- fire axe -->
        <item id="2393" chance="1650"/><!-- giant sword -->
        <item id="2179" chance="700"/><!-- golden ring -->
                <item id="2472" chance="150"/><!-- magic plate armor -->
                <item id="2514" chance="550"/><!-- mastermind shield -->
                <item id="2152" countmax="13" chance="23750"/><!-- platinum coin -->
                <item id="2164" chance="2800"/><!-- might ring -->
                <item id="7382" chance="950"/><!-- demonrage sword -->
                <item id="2470" chance="450"/><!-- golden legs -->
                <item id="7393" chance="50"/><!-- demon trophy -->
    </loot>
</monster>

Could you please stop spamming with "up" all your threads daily? They are already up and it won't make solutions appear magically faster.

You can read more about OTLand rules here -

ok, I read it now , sorry.

You can make some function that will check how much health monsters will lose after stepping on field. Then compare it with currenthealth, and make it "decide" if it's worth to walk on it to get faster to target. Also maybe some parameter inside monster files to decide how much % of hp they are willing to lose to get faster to the target. <flag fearless="100" /> - willing to give up his life just to get to you and smash you into pieces or something like that.

From what I've been able to test there is an issue with monster behaviour related to fields and path finding/choosing best path.

Testing a Demon and Juggernaut monsters - if anyone want to give this a go and further test other monsters to confirm behaviour go ahead.

Both evaded fields that damage them until they had no other pathing avaible to the player. No way around that - they will keep chasing forever avoiding fields. Players can safely kill monsters without suffering melee damage with a 1/2 energy bomb/poison bomb rune.

Damaging them with either direct attack (bows, wands or even spells) won't change anything. Monster will keep trying to find best pathing without stepping on fields. Damaging them when casting the runes mentioned before will trigger their next behavior - keep reading.

BUT if damaged with CONDITION DAMAGE (not sure if it must be the same type of damage as the field) they change behaviour and go straight for the player no matter what. When condition damage ends - sometimes they go back to initial behaviour and sometimes they keep going straight for the player. This can also happen when target is lost for some time (might be just a matter of time)

CanWalkOnX works as a way of totally blocking a field type or allowing it but here we are talking about a possible issue with monsters deciding if taking X damage weights more than having to take a long route or not.

In other words - how does Real Tibia monsters behave on this matter? Are they all the same? Will a rotworm evade fields no matter what because stepping on them will basically kill them? Or they weight the distance and take damage based on how many SQM away is the player? How many a Demon (for example) will walk before he just decides to take damage and walk over fields?

As I don't have a character in Tibia I can't test that myself but it would be great to know if its a matter of % of damage taken compared to the monster life or just amount of SQM that a monster is able to sacrifice to not take damage... or maybe its something else?

If anyone is able to test this further that would help us solve the issue.

Tryed recording it but its a bit messy - if someone can test this to confirm there is something wrong here...

Last edited:
You can make some function that will check how much health monsters will lose after stepping on field. Then compare it with currenthealth, and make it "decide" if it's worth to walk on it to get faster to target. Also maybe some parameter inside monster files to decide how much % of hp they are willing to lose to get faster to the target. <flag fearless="100" /> - willing to give up his life just to get to you and smash you into pieces or something like that.
Well.. Any idea how to make it?

From what I've been able to test there is an issue with monster behaviour related to fields and path finding/choosing best path.

Testing a Demon and Juggernaut monsters - if anyone want to give this a go and further test other monsters to confirm behaviour go ahead.

Both evaded fields that damage them until they had no other pathing avaible to the player. No way around that - they will keep chasing forever avoiding fields. Players can safely kill monsters without suffering melee damage with a 1/2 energy bomb/poison bomb rune.

Damaging them with either direct attack (bows, wands or even spells) won't change anything. Monster will keep trying to find best pathing without stepping on fields. Damaging them when casting the runes mentioned before will trigger their next behavior - keep reading.

BUT if damaged with CONDITION DAMAGE (not sure if it must be the same type of damage as the field) they change behaviour and go straight for the player no matter what. When condition damage ends - sometimes they go back to initial behaviour and sometimes they keep going straight for the player. This can also happen when target is lost for some time (might be just a matter of time)

CanWalkOnX works as a way of totally blocking a field type or allowing it but here we are talking about a possible issue with monsters deciding if taking X damage weights more than having to take a long route or not.

In other words - how does Real Tibia monsters behave on this matter? Are they all the same? Will a rotworm evade fields no matter what because stepping on them will basically kill them? Or they weight the distance and take damage based on how many SQM away is the player? How many a Demon (for example) will walk before he just decides to take damage and walk over fields?

As I don't have a character in Tibia I can't test that myself but it would be great to know if its a matter of % of damage taken compared to the monster life or just amount of SQM that a monster is able to sacrifice to not take damage... or maybe its something else?

If anyone is able to test this further that would help us solve the issue.

Tryed recording it but its a bit messy - if someone can test this to confirm there is something wrong here...
In RL Tibia I believe it works as follows. A creature will go through fields if at least one of the following is true:
– you dealt damage to this creature recently (not sure how exactly 'recently' is defined), you are this creature's target, and going through fields is the only way to reach you
– this creature is defined to walk through fields of this type (for example grim reapers will always go through poison fields); this is what canwalkonX flag is supposed to represent, but it doesn't work as intended
It doesn't depend on creature's current health or how many fields it will have to pass, so creature can even kill itself this way.

not sure how exactly 'recently' is defined
recently - if the creatures takes damage, it will go through fields until it reaches the player in melee range and hits him 1x.
For creatures with ranged attack - it will go through walls until it reaches the desired range to the player and attacks him.

recently - if the creatures takes damage, it will go through fields until it reaches the player in melee range and hits him 1x.
For creatures with ranged attack - it will go through walls until it reaches the desired range to the player and attacks him.
So this behaviour persists even after the player goes out of monster's field of view and then returns? There is no timeout or anything?

I can't remember it, but I think it resets once the player leaves and the monster has no target. I am really not sure, though.

Back