• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

my first cave :D:D

jordan633

Reaction score
hello i am a mapper well not a good 1 i dont think tho :(:(
people say im shit so i tryed making a cave---
please comment good or bad iv had enoth bad comments already haha xD and please say how i could inprove.
29y1ugo.jpg

ty:D

Whell.. First of all, you need to add some more details on the walls. don't just put all the details here and there. think before you do it, aight?
and later.. the dirt shall not be placed like that. Small spots here and there, maybe two of 'em on that size.

Make a mix ground & add more details (grass; stalagmites etc).
But nice one if that's your first cave/map. :)

I would say it's very good for your first map. Good job. Just add more details everywhere and it should be fine.

I think its positive that you are creative about what can be in a cave, but what you need to improve is to think how a cave actually look. Maybe there could be some wather here and some mud there making those places "special" but now you have made everything "special" which makes it look messy.

emm this is all raw esept the cave walls

Doesn't look raw to me.. Do you really think that it looks great? Do YOU really like the detailling, the shape etc..? What would live there? Rats? Trolls? Or is it empty?

Really, first time I mapped it was back in 7.1 and even without the new cool looking sprites I made better caves. Biggest tutorail that exists is Cip's mapping. They made the sprites so they are the only ones who know how to use them exactly.

Edit: This is my example of a cave.
1kqit.png