• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

My friend can log in, i cant(on my own server)

Nemphis

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
As I recently started a hobby-project, I got help to open the ports in my router.

All works as intended as my friend can go to the website, then log in to the server and walk around with his character.
I could also do all this. We walk around together.

One day passes and now I cant log in to my own server, from the host computer.
But my friend can.

I did some testing.
config.lua / ipchanger
127.0.0.1 / 127.0.0.1 - I can log in to game world
127.0.0.1 / myip - nothing
Myip / 127.0.0.1 - can connect to character list - but not log in to game world - my friend can log in to game world.
Myip / myip - nothing
Ip4adress / Ip4adress - I can log into game world, my friend cant.(maybe it was expected)

TFS 1.2 Forgotten Server. I checked my router if anything happend, but no. It is as it should be.

anyone had this problem before?

As I recently started a hobby-project, I got help to open the ports in my router.

All works as intended as my friend can go to the website, then log in to the server and walk around with his character.

One day passes and now I cant log in to my own server, from the host computer.
But my friend can.

I did some testing.
config.lua / ipchanger
127.0.0.1 / 127.0.0.1 - I can log in to game world
127.0.0.1 / myip - nothing
Myip / 127.0.0.1 - can connect to character list - but not log in to game world - my friend can log in to game world.
Myip / myip - nothing
Ip4adress / Ip4adress - I can log into game world, my friend cant.(maybe it was expected)

TFS 1.2 Forgotten Server. I checked my router if anything happend, but no. It is as it should be.

anyone had this problem before?
Is you ISP Comhem? that is a problem i have encounter while on Comhem, i always have to connect as a localhost on all my network stuff if the server is located in my own network

also make sure your ports are open in your router (7171)

I have the same issue.
Use 127.0.0.1 in IP changer, public IP (www.mittip.se) in the config.lua.
If you can't login, double check nothing else on the PC is using the opened port.

As a last resort also open "Windows Defender Firewall With Advanced Security" -> Inbound rules -> New Rule
and open port 7171 there as well.

Last edited:
I have same issue (Comhem).
I have Telia, Mummrik. Sweden

I have this same issue with my 1.2 server, though it purely me, what i noticed is this.

if i have my ip set to one people can login to i can log in to the character list but not the server.

If i go to a private IP i can login to the game world.

What i found out is this.

If you logout to only the character login (using otclient at least), then swap ip to the public ip that people can login to, you can connect to the game world, however you can't logout past the character list, if you do, you can't login to the world again.

This also works in the reverse though which is weird(friend connected to the game world when i set the IP to local)

Yea that works, like i said in original post, but then my friend cant connect.
Did your public ip change during the night? since you said it was all fine a day ago.
Do you use no-ip or something like that?
send your public ip to your friend once again and also compare ip set in config.lua, and change it if thay dont match

I have the same issue.
If you can't login, double check nothing else on the PC is using the opened port.

As a last resort also open "Windows Defender Firewall With Advanced Security" -> Inbound rules -> New Rule
and open port 7171 there as well.
I dont know what you mean with double check nothing else on PC.
I tried the Windows Defender Firewall with advanced security and it did not help.

Did your public ip change during the night? since you said it was all fine a day ago.
Do you use no-ip or something like that?
send your public ip to your friend once again and also compare ip set in config.lua, and change it if thay dont match

The strange thing is that my IP did not change at all. Im using the IP that www.mittip.se is showing me.

Given that the pound symbol means comment that thread has people editing the hosts file for literally nothing. 🥴

But it would probably be a good idea to make sure 127.0.0.1 localhost is in there and not commented out.

Ideally you'd set your config.lua to your WAN address, and also connect through your IP changer by your WAN address.

Have you tried connecting from your LAN address, just out of curiosity? (tends to be something like 192.168.1.105 or 10.0.0.105)

Do you have any firewalls besides Windows Security? And this persists after reboot?

Yea that works, like i said in original post, but then my friend cant connect.

You said if you put the WAN IP in the config lua he can connect before. What happens if he connects first?

Have you tried putting the string literal localhost in your config.lua?

Last edited:
Anyone with this problem and willing to let me teamviewer them. I will help you solve it. Just PM me here.

Nemphis

If this problem isn't resolved for you yet, try binding your TFS service daemon to 0.0.0.0. I should have thought of that sooner. That's network-ese for "listen on all available interfaces"

I thank you all for your help, but nothing worked im afraid. So I went back to my old router and woila, it worked. I dont know why there should be a difference, but.. there you go. cheers all

edit: I dont know if I should mark it as "Solved" or not. Cause it really wasnt solved right?

Well, if you are still wanting to get to the root of the problem... See if the router causing the problem is compatible with OpenWRT?

Seems like my router's software wasnt updated to latest. We googled around a bit more and found something with "NAT loop back". So i called my provider, got the update, but still cant find anything with NAT loop back. And it still doesnt work. I cant get in.

Back