• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Mysql server has gone away, some1 is attacking my server

ex eclipse

Reaction score
hello guys, im with a very strange and serious problem, a guy said would attack my server without reasons, he just crashs the mysql anytime he wants and no1 can login on server it says "mysql server has gone away", and its fully protected (I think) i use xampp its with root and password, i tryed to change mysql port, also added
[mysqld]
bind-address=127.0.0.1

to block all external connections to mysql server, but not sucess, also removed the shutdown privilegies from root .. but its not working... ;/ if anyone could help.. thanks since now

Attachments

@up - Yep, if it's massive, report it to his and your ISP as a DDoS attack attempt. It will be useful if you attach logs from your firewall.

Hope you will manage. :)

Your otserv have a website?

If yes, the guy is making a flood on some query page (character search, account login or account create), that crashes the mysql server.

You need to put a captcha on your pages!

If you bind it to 127.0.0.1 you open it on all available ips on your computer. This sounds strange. Maybe check if it's actually running?

o_O I didnt even know this problem existed.
So anyone can cause any OTs dissatifactions by crashing the database?

@up - Yep, if it's massive, report it to his and your ISP as a DDoS attack attempt. It will be useful if you attach logs from your firewall.

Its not a DDoS attempt, If you DDoS You flood with bots, and i dont think the bots has a pass for the MySQL server

Its not a DDoS attempt, If you DDoS You flood with bots, and i dont think the bots has a pass for the MySQL server

It's really possible. DDoS can be simple done in some cases (I don't wanna say everything to not give a info how to do it for noob-"hackers"). You don't need even much "bots".

But the theory that it's because of queries in website is really possible. But the short query won't make lags since there aren't many of them. Long queries - does.

It's really possible. DDoS can be simple done in some cases (I don't wanna say everything to not give a info how to do it for noob-"hackers"). You don't need even much "bots".

But the theory that it's because of queries in website is really possible. But the short query won't make lags since there aren't many of them. Long queries - does.

No offence dude but not i am not a noob-hacker, Perl i a good langauge and shell is great

Btw, even through if it was a DDoS, it was not an attempt it was an a attack because the dude managed to successfull it

Btw, even through if it was a DDoS, it was not an attempt it was an a attack because the dude managed to successfull it

I'm REALLY sorry! I didn't wanna say that you're noob-hacker or noob at all! I just didn't want to give a ways how to do it for other visitors (guests espessialy - you never know who are they. I like OTLand community ;)). I'm not programming mastah though :)

DDoS is one of the options that may be a thing that is consering his problem (for that knowlage that I get from his 1st post). Since it's only "home" server (not thousands of players online at the same time), it's not that hard to make this server lag. But EOT.

Really sorry once again - I didn't want to insult you or so.

I'm REALLY sorry! I didn't wanna say that you're noob-hacker or noob at all! I just didn't want to give a ways how to do it for other visitors (guests espessialy - you never know who are they. I like OTLand community ;)). I'm not programming mastah though :)

DDoS is one of the options that may be a thing that is consering his problem (for that knowlage that I get from his 1st post). Since it's only "home" server (not thousands of players online at the same time), it's not that hard to make this server lag. But EOT.

Really sorry once again - I didn't want to insult you or so.

Doesnt matter, :) No Problem :), I don't hack pc's unless it's absolutly nessisary

Back