• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

MySQL vs SQLite

What is the best data storage system? sqlite or mysql?

• Total voters

Antrhaxcs

Reaction score
What is the best data storage option?

What is more fast?,
What is more stable?,
What is more Secure?,
What is more Know for players?...

What is the best data storage option?

What is more fast?,
What is more stable?,
What is more Secure?,
What is more Know for players?...

The are both good only Sqlite got one small downside

Sqlite is build et to hold up around 40~50 players~

When i was hosting, i used MySQL And i loved it. With the MySQL Administrator it ws really easy to manage you r databases etc. :D

I havent tried SqLite, but if it only can hold 40-50 players like someone @ up said, i wouldnt go for it..

You didnt got a point.

SQLite is much a "development database" so the developers don't have to connect to a fuckin' MySQL server to work with the serv :p

Also, it can be good for people that host small OTs.

It shouldn't be removed. if you don't want it, just remove the -D__USE_SQLITE__ from your compiler options ;)

Sqlite is build et to hold up around 40~50 players~

This is not true, SqLite can hold as many players as a MySQL server can, difference is that SqLite can only be loaded from localhost and MySQL can be used to load database from other computer and that SqLite doesn't have support for multi importing, it has to be done separate, but that doesn't lower amount of players server can hold because it only has effect on save player part.

As far as I know. Mysql've got more options than SqlLite.
SqLite should be used up to 50 players.

Back